turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Guns

Started by bluetick523, March 01, 2011, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluetick523

Has anyone on here sent a gun to Mr. Roberts for modification?  I am considering this after our season is over this year.  I have an older SBE in which I've added a steady grip and FFII.  I thought about sending this to him to have the same modifications done as the Benelli SBE II Performance Shop gun.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

SWAMPFOX

rob has worked on many items of mine and friends over the years. you will not be disapointed as he "does what he says he is going to do". he also likes to do a little horse trading as well.
swampfox

pullit

I sent two to him last year. Great guy and his work is top notch.

SWAMPFOX

also , i think he does the mods for benellis turkey performance gun anyway.

bluetick523

Quote from: SWAMPFOX on March 01, 2011, 10:44:26 AM

I have heard that too.  Chances are I will do it.  I guess my question was more about whether I should have that work done or not....................as opposed to if it should be him that does it.  If I decide to have my gun worked on at all........it will be going to Rob for sure. 

nyhunter

I'm gonna be sending my SBEII to him in the near future . I have herd good things about his work and  customer service.

SWAMPFOX

in that case if it does not perform to your standards at the pattern board or you can not iron out any other problems send it to Rob. he will make sure it functions to the highest levels.
swampfox

Gobblerdn1

Quote from: SWAMPFOX on March 01, 2011, 10:44:26 AM

Yes he does the performance package for Benelli.

He just finished a gun for me and it shoot's very well. I was pleased to say the least. He's a heck of a fella! He asked me what shell I wanted to shoot and then lengthened the forcing cones and put a new choke in it. He told me if I was not satisfied with it when I shot it to call him and he would trade chokes with me. No need for that he was dead on with what the gun would like. 3" 2 oz of Hevi13 Mag blend 5,6, & 7's. WOW :z-winnersmiley:

Check out my post "will this work?"

PALongspur

Rob did some barrel work on my SBEII and I was very, very pleased. His turnaround time was quick and the work is flawless. He can be a hard guy to nail down on the phone but just keep after him, it will be well worth it.

hookedspur

Thanks for this post I too have been thinking about sending one to him this helps make my decision
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

otis

:z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock:

otis

paladin

what kind of numbers are you getting now?
"have gun-will travel"

bluetick523

Quote from: paladin on March 02, 2011, 07:55:43 AM
what kind of numbers are you getting now?

That's something I need to check.  I have been shooting mine at 33 1/3 yds.  We have a target board at that distance at our gun club for the rimfire club, and I was shooting from the bench to zero my FFII.  Our other boards are at 25, 50, and 100 yds.  I may try to go shoot at 40 yds this weekend.........so I can have a 10" @ 40 yds number.  The only other information I can add........I think it put 160-175 in a Federal turkey head and neck target at 33 1/3 yds. 

What would be a number I'm looking for to say that it is good enough and probably doesn't need messed with?  I could probably make a choke change  (shooting a PG .670 now) since I'm shooting #7's.  I bought the PG a couple years ago when I was shooting HV13 #6's. 

SWAMPFOX

i am an 870 man but rob did my dads benelli sbe2 last year. federal 3.5 #7 with 660 non ported of course was mid 250s at 40 yds.

forcercon1

I just saw this, however I'm sure you got many responses...
I sent two SBE's (a new SBE 2 and a older SBE) a few months back. The service was great and it seemed to help with tighter patterns....