OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Blended Load

Started by pdaugherty, June 11, 2012, 12:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdaugherty

So what's everyones expectations from the Federal Blended Loads that are coming out. HEVI has had the market on affordable blends for years now and it looks like other companies, other than Nitro, are trying to get on board. I'm curious to see if Federal will be in the same price range as the Mag-Blends. What do yall think?

BrowningGuy88

I think I am going to keep slinging HWT 7's and not worry with the Blends.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

SKFOOTER

Are they gonna ditch the Flight Control wad in this new blended shell??

gobbler74

Quote from: slickyboyboo on June 11, 2012, 12:31:30 PM
If they go with a 5x6x7 load, they will be shooting themselves in the foot, because in the HW, there is no need in a #5 or #6 as the #7s are packing plenty of punch at only 1100 fps. Now if they go with a 7x8 blend, then that would be awesome, and would probably be very much welcomed!

Id stick with straight 7's, market calling for something new to stir the pot.. a 7x8 at 1300fps in the 12 would be interesting. On the flip side a blended load with some of the larger 15 gram pellets would be mean on some coyotes.  With new shells will probably come new prices..
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 11, 2012, 01:31:12 PM

:anim_25:

I'd prefer that over a blended shell.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

TrophyTracker

I doubt very highly that they will be in the same price range. Aside from the part about being more dense, and $$ as it is, The Fed pellets will be cast overseas,and imported here to the U.S., while the Mag Blends are cast and processed here at home. The World Metal Market is set in London, so the cost of Tungsten will remain at roughly $28 per lb no matter where they are manufactured. Meaning that the extra expense of importing will no doubt be factored in.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

captin_hook

I didn't even know federal was going to make a blend . Any idea when they will be on the shelves??

SKFOOTER

And will they or won't they use the FC wad in it??

Devastator

the money i spent on chokes to get the 7's to shoot i think i will stay with them.

TauntoHawk

Agreed!!!
Maybe they should make the shells they have shoot better before worrying about marketing another $5 a shell blend

Id rather see the HW 7's in a non flight control and offered in 3-2-7 and 3.5-2.25-7 loads

if they wanna do a blend 6x7 or 7x8 might find a market just no need for 5's unless were talking lead and in that case im out

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 11, 2012, 02:17:09 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 11, 2012, 01:31:12 PM

:anim_25:

I'd prefer that over a blended shell.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

beagler

Quote from: captin_hook on June 11, 2012, 04:48:36 PM
I didn't even know federal was going to make a blend . Any idea when they will be on the shelves??
+1
Never Misses

GOLD HUNTER

Gut_Pile

Here is a screen shot I took from the video posted above. This pattern is at 25 yards.

Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004