OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dad n Son, Hand in Hand, First Hunt

Started by Ferguson, June 10, 2012, 08:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferguson

I'm sendind this to a man in Ohio. He took his 4 year old son turkey hunting for the first time this spring. He wanted something to hand down to him when he gets older to remember it by. He sent me a picture of them walking down a lane, hand in hand on the old family farm. This is what I came up with. It's one of my favorite themes to date.

David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939

M Sharpe

Fine looking call David. You did an outstanding job. I'm sure it will cherished for years to come.

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

hunter22

Great job David. Awesome looking call and what a theme. Your woodburning just keeps getting better and better.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

bbcustomboxcalls

GSLAM95

Very nice indeed .....  Congratulations to the lucky new owner....

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

ccleroy

vaturkey

Vaturkey

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

VanHelden Game Calls

Fantastic all around    :z-winnersmiley:

You burning, details, and creativity are just awesome.

culpeper

coachmitchel

Can't wait to get this call this week. Will be a pleasure have this call and one day hand it to my son Tucker.  Here is the picture I sent David to go off of.

Ferguson

Andy
I enjoyed the artwork on this call more than you can imagine. It's been a while since it was as "fun" and rewarding to create a theme or look to a call. I had began running out of ideas. Before I applied the urethane it was one of the more detailed callers I had done. The finish takes some of the shading away when it darkens up. It still will go down as one of my favorites. Reminds me when I took my boys on their first hunts. I didn't have a clue of what your barn looked like but without getting to "busy" in the background and taking away from you and Tucker. this is what I had imagined an old ohio dairy barn with an old 8n tractor under the hip roof to look like.
Again thanks for the oppurtunity to make this call.
David
David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939