turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ithaca m37 turkeyslayer

Started by Turkeyridge Calls, June 07, 2012, 06:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyridge Calls

Does anyone here shoot this gun ...my dad has the old king ferry model 37 feather lite and it is great .....looking for anyone that hunts with one or the new model

hunter-b

I have friends that hunt with both models and they do well with them .

FANMAN

I have the Turkeyslayer Storm,awesome gun.

30_06

I do! Love the gun, 12ga made in Ithaca with the fixed ported barrel.
Still trying to get an Ohio made 20ga.

decoykrvr

I've hunted w/ an Ithaca Model 37 for over 32 years and currently have six 37's of different gauges and set-ups.  Two of my 37's are dedicated turkey guns; one has a Bansner modified barrel w/ a .665 constriction and modified/lightened stock, the other is a King Ferry Turkeyslayer w/ an IC  .660, a raised comb and Nikon VSD red dot.  The Turkeyslayer has a polished barrel and shooting Hevi-13's produces average patterns at 40 yards of 255/7's and 205/6's in a 10" circle w/ even coverage within the 20" ring.  I still have two 10 gauges and a 31/2" BPS set-up for turkey hunting. but hunt almost exclusively w/ the 3" Ithaca Model 37's due to their light weight, maneuverability, feel, and patterns.  I've played w/ the "new" Ohio manufactured Model 37's, and although they are expensive relative to most other pump guns, you definitely get what you pay for.  The "new" Model 37's are the best made. slickest, pump guns on the market and are well worth the cost, since they are built to last a lifetime.

spmhunter

i have a king ferry made ithaca m37 turkeyslayer 12 ga with a pg 670 choke and it is one awesome turkey gun.

gobblergls

I, too, am an Ithaca M37 fan.   I have two of the Sandusky guns and 3 late 40s through mid 50s 16s and a 20 gauge.  However, I am disappointed in the approach of the Sandusky group relating to the TurkeySlayer.  I have the 20 gauge TurkeySlayer.  It is well made and shoots good, but it shoots like a 20, but carries like a 12.  My Benelli SBE and 870 Super Mags weigh less and they are 12 gauge.  The 20 gauge TS weighs 7 lbs, 3 oz. which is more than the Kings Ferry 12 gauge.   The barrel is also fixed.  This is an elegant solution to a problem that didn't exist.  The Kings Ferry TurkeySlayer is more desirable to me.  It is lighter than the Sandusky gun, and the barrel is removable. 

woody

I'm selling a 20 ga. Turkey Slayer right now.  Have it listed on gunbroker.  If I did not have a 870 that I like to shoot I would be keeping this gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=291571736

hunter-b

I would also like to add some of the turkey slayers come with the forcing cone already lengthend . Ithaca's when made in Ithaca NY had some very fine gun smiths . Some of the smiths are retired & doing some work on the side . I work in the city of Ithaca .

woody

Quote from: hunter-b on June 13, 2012, 06:12:03 PM
I would also like to add some of the turkey slayers come with the forcing cone already lengthend . Ithaca's when made in Ithaca NY had some very fine gun smiths . Some of the smiths are retired & doing some work on the side . I work in the city of Ithaca .

I had Diamond Gunsmithing do some work a few years back.  Did an excellent job.  He is an ex Ithaca employee correct?

hunter-b

Quote from: woody on June 13, 2012, 07:31:12 PM
Quote from: hunter-b on June 13, 2012, 06:12:03 PM

I had Diamond Gunsmithing do some work a few years back.  Did an excellent job.  He is an ex Ithaca employee correct?
That is correct . His first name is Les

30_06

Les does top notch work.
Ithaca's current gunsmiths do a very good job as well. I'm practically in love with what they did to a neighbors 28ga.