Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How far do you have to go to hunt turkeys?

Started by TANK, February 28, 2011, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDoc

Sometimes as much as a 2 1/2 hour planeride.

Now I'll drive 4 hours to hunt my lease in Kentucky, and 10 minutes to my local spots.  :gobble:

They are all worth it.  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

ehavs

Typically I will go anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to hunt turkeys but now I just moved and I have some public land just 5 minutes away.  So that means more days hunting this year.

:anim_65:

mossy835

Roughly 350 miles to the lake in Eastern WA. Too much brush here and too wet for me (includes deer and elk). I need to move but can not for five years until the wife can retire.
:newmascot:

northms

Quote from: TANK on February 28, 2011, 10:24:23 PM
Quote from: northms on February 28, 2011, 10:18:38 PM
Have about a 15 minute drive from the house to our land.  I'm very lucky.  There is tons of public land just as close too that I don't venture on.
What Public Land? I make a trip to the Homochitto National Forest once in awhile...........lots of people opening week, but gets a little better as time goes by.

I'm talking about the Holly Springs national forest in North MS.

stinkpickle

Basser69

1 hour and 15 minutes to the gate at the club and from there....well its 3500 acre block

YELPA

30-45 minutes locally.  The farthest I've driven to get to turkeys was 16.5 hours to Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin two years ago and the same to Nebraska last year. 
I'd like to know how many hours Hookspur logs behind the wheel each year!?!

Rio Fan

Most of my Washington spots are 1 - 1.5 hours away.  It's about a 4 hour drive to where I hunt in Idaho.

njdevilsb

It's about a 20 minute drive to where we hunt.  We've been leasing it and hunting there for almost 20 years.  Once we get there, we have anywhere from a 5-15 minute walk.

grousec

My closest good huntig is about 20 mins.  Some closer but not near as good.

mason0366

One 15 minutes
Another 20 minutes
Another about 40 minutes

VA_Birdhunter

Well this year since I'm new to the state of WV I'm not for sure here.

But in VA I'll have a 5 hr trip to get there then a 1 min walk out my parents front door.  Then a 25-30 min drive to my grandmothers land and a 35 min drive to my in laws land.  I've been blessed to have excellent land to hunt in VA I'm hoping to come across some here in northern  WV.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Sully53

I have a 2.5 hour drive to our camp in northern Pa.

flintlock

Closest place is over an hour, farthest is 12hrs.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

REBELYELL

I stick a shell in the chamber and go to hootin when I walk out my front door. I killed two last year less than 1/4 mile from my front door.

:z-guntootsmiley: