Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How far do you have to go to hunt turkeys?

Started by TANK, February 28, 2011, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

Where I live I have about a 4 minute drive. Where I work I can hunt on the other side of our fence, so prolly about 200 yards from my office. I have seen turkeys fly down in the morning inside of the fence and peck in the gravel...............I can't wait, hurry up March 19 !

northms

Have about a 15 minute drive from the house to our land.  I'm very lucky.  There is tons of public land just as close too that I don't venture on.

Crutch

10,  13 minutes and 15 minutes travel time.  My 3 hot spots.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

redarrow

turkey_slayer

1.5 hr, 1 hr, 1 hr, 20 min, 15 min, and 5 min.  The best one is an hour drive and an hour walk.

jv

The county i live in now doesn't have a turkey season so i drive about 70 miles to our club to hunt and with the price of gas now, ouch!
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

TANK

Quote from: northms on February 28, 2011, 10:18:38 PM
Have about a 15 minute drive from the house to our land.  I'm very lucky.  There is tons of public land just as close too that I don't venture on.
What Public Land? I make a trip to the Homochitto National Forest once in awhile...........lots of people opening week, but gets a little better as time goes by.

PANYHunter

I have to drive about 10-30 minutes to my spots in PA.  If I go up to my parents in NY its about 1.25 hrs.  Its always worth the trip.

reynolds243

before this year 5mins and 45mins. this year 15mins and 20mins. either way not to bad

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

hookedspur

guys
i

Guys I dont Know I just moved to Ohio from WV where I hunted them from my porch if I wanted .....???? I dont now where I m hunting yet . Awful FEELING believe me.

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

30 seconds from my parents house to outside, 30 seconds from my house to outside, 2 minutes from my parents house to the farm, 4 mintues from my house to my buddys property, 20 minutes from my house to 2 other locations

Cove

I have a very small private tract just a few minutes away, but most of the time I'm on the public land which is 30 - 45 minutes away. But. . . . those drives to South Florida, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, etc etc. . .  . . now those are a bit farther.  :you_rock:

BowBendr

mfd1027

1 1/2 hr. ride towing the swamp buggy and then another hr. on the buggy to our spot.   :turkey2:
Dan