Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2012 spring is over-depression is setting in!

Started by Executioner, June 01, 2012, 12:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Incredible...just incredible.  What a spring.  I'm kinda partial to the pic of you with the duck call  Quite a string of bling too!

callwinner11

no depression here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishing is on full swing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIGHT LINES EVERYBODY

Executioner

Quote from: Crawdad on June 05, 2012, 03:20:15 PM
Hot Dang Man, how long were you gone, 6 months? Are you kin to Phil Robertson?
. Not kin to him but do work for buck/duck commander as a videographer. God bless.

"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

Quote from: callwinner11 on June 07, 2012, 09:13:27 AM
no depression here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishing is on full swing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIGHT LINES EVERYBODY
It's still depression, it's not turkey killing, helps ease the pain some when you do some of this every day all summer though   :funnyturkey:  God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

Now for the short stories of the two hunts that will forever be etched into my memory. First took place in Texas during the tornado. Good friend and I were under a cedar tree waiting out the torrential down pour that was taking place. All of a sudden lighting started cracking from two different directions as storm fronts collided. I said this ain't looking good for the home team bro, that can only mean one thing, and that's a tornado. He was filming the hunts fora tv show he is involved with, but with it pouring buckets of rain, the camera was in safe hiding under rain gear. Turkeys had started gobbling at the thunder claps, so there was only one thing to do, tell him to hold tight and keep the camera dry, I am fixing to go kill a turkey. He said what about the tornado, I said what a way to go, doing something I love, killing turkeys. Bad news for the turkeys gobbling. Check off not one, but three rios for the turkey killer.   Story two took place in Nebraska while crawling up to a field edge to get a visual on a longbeard. My left hand with my little twenty guage I've aptly nicknamed "The Provider" brushed up against this Too close for comfort, he struck and missed me by mere inches, probably about 3 inches, and that's being conservative!!!!!!! Needless to say he got dispatched after a few pics, along with the longbeard, who wasn't even in that part of the field!!!!!!! Two series of aggressive hen yelping/cutting mixed in with kee kees on the Hook's Bronze Glass, combined with some sweet talk on the Executioner 2 was all he could stand, leaving his hens and coming in strutting/gobbling/running from a quarter mile. Them merriams sure like to cover some ground in a hurry!!!!!!! God bless.

Executioner

FYI, the tornado ended up touching down and doing damage 1 1/2 miles due south and I could hear it going over head while making my move on the 4 birds that were gobbling north of me. Pretty darn close. God bless.

bigredneck61088

FireDoc

Congrats Sir on a fantastic, and eventful season! Was true enjoyment checking out all the pic's on the thread!  :icon_thumright:

Have a great summer!  :gobble:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

gatrkyhntr70

Ive been waiting for this thread; I browsed over 2011 last time I looked for it. Incredible pics and seasons you had!! Thanks for sharing them.It looks like you might like fried fish as muh as I do.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

PALongspur

Mike, I see an old Hook's Super Striker peeking out of your pocket in some of those shots. Why in the world did they stop making that striker?!? Mine gets alot of playing time in the turkey woods and I'm always afraid of losing it and not having a replacement!

HennedUp07

Ive only dreamed of a spring like that......WOW!

savduck

Mike thats great man. I see ol Luke Byan missed in on a couple of  those two. That was pretty neat.

Awesome season man. Did you get in a hunt with JT at all?
Georgia Boy

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Northerner

Wow what an awesome season! :drool:  Great pic's & stories, some really nice birds and a ton of nice fish too! :you_rock:

bird

Awesome pictures Mike.  I did notice that it appears that the fish are bigger when you have your warpaint on. From what I've seen from the Duck Dynasty show they need to have you give the boys lessons on turkey calling and killing.  :icon_thumright:

Awesome season as always my friend.

Al