turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pappy's Calls

Started by TANK, February 28, 2011, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I called Pappy today to ask him a question about some of his pot calls. After about a 20 minute phone conversation I made my mind up on a Cedar dual purpose with 8 holes, Copper over Slate. He talked to me like we have known each other for years. I will be sending him my money in the morning. I will also prolly be ordering a trumphet also..........Have any of you fellers used the 2 calls I'm talking about? If so how did you like them?

honker22

Pappy is a stand-up guy, you will not be dissapointed with his calls.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

ChiefBubba

I have everything from Pappy, from duck calls, scratch boxes and pot calls and have always been happy with everything I've gotten. I can't run the trumpet worth a durn. Make's a sweet little scratch box. Chief.

TANK

I have never tried a trumphet, but it can't be any harder than a Wingbone........I hope not anyway!

sodfather

I have 2 pot calls from Pappy, a slate and a glass, both are great an Pappy is a great guy to deal with and will be using him in the future.

Crutch

Wish I could help on the types of calls, but I only have a slate over glass and will have a long box when ever we get around to it.

My guess is that most people contact him as a customer and it turns into a friendship, albeit long distance.  I suspect Wendell would be the same as well as several others. That is another reason this is the ONLY message board I visit regarding any type of hunting.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

hookedspur

pappys call are top notch :agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cassga

I got a copper in osage orange from him last year, and it is all turkey! You wont be disappointed. Great guy to deal with. :you_rock:

Stoner

Jack is a quality guy and makes a nice call. Jack is always thinking outside the box and it shows in his calls. Jack has also won many National and Regional Call Maker Awards.

mossy835

Mine is Aluminum and I posted pictures here. Just looked and the post is on page 3. I have been practicing with the call since it arrived and it is great, he is great to work with and he finished the wood for the rain and moisture we get out here. Nice pot!!!!

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: mossy835 on March 01, 2011, 11:51:10 AM
Mine is Aluminum and I posted pictures here. Just looked and the post is on page 3. I have been practicing with the call since it arrived and it is great, he is great to work with and he finished the wood for the rain and moisture we get out here. Nice pot!!!!

Sorry to be a copycat Mossy835, but I ordered the same call/striker combo as you did.  The pics you posted and some additional research convinced me that the package is deadly for turkeys....can't wait to get them.

mossy835

Quote from: paturkeyhntr on March 01, 2011, 01:06:48 PM
Quote from: mossy835 on March 01, 2011, 11:51:10 AM

Sorry to be a copycat Mossy835, but I ordered the same call/striker combo as you did.  The pics you posted and some additional research convinced me that the package is deadly for turkeys....can't wait to get them.

You will not be sorry but you will need to practice a little or as my wife said last night poor turkeys.

bad0351

It always shows thru when a craftsman loves what he does.....And Pappy's calls have that something that you don't see in a mass produced product....I have no doubt some of his calls will be passed from father to son and on down the line.

Pappy.....This Buds For You!!! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

smurf

Jack taught me to turn and to make calls.  I will even put my personal guarantee on him and his work.   Jack's work is top notch and he has done his homework on making calls.  that said he is a little strange and not only thinks outside the box I think he lives there too.  couldn't help it he's my best friend. 
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.