turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas hunters ?

Started by earlybird, February 28, 2011, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlybird

Has anyone from Kansas heard of an outfitter Santamarieranch located around Topeka?I spoke too the owner at the Eastern sports show in PA and it looked like a good place for rios.

Gamblinman

If this is the outfitter :

http://www.santamariaranch.com/

Slighty high for an unguided hunt, but, if they have an abundance of birds, nice lodging, and good meals might be well worth the price.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Jay

3 days at a Grand seems a mite steep unguided, but I wouldn't know. I've never paid for a hunt.

TauntoHawk

check out innovative outfitters in Kansas its $500 for a hunt for Rios they have 30,000 acres and are some great guys
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

earlybird

Thanks for all of the info guys.This guy  said that he would be with me all the time and if i booked the hunt at the show it was 750/2 birds/3 days.I was just looking for a different hunt in a different state.I need to get a couple more rios to finish out a couple of slams.

Tail Feathers

I'll be up in N KS for the opener.  Public all the way. :z-guntootsmiley:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ghillie

Good info folks....thanks

earlybird

I really appreciate the info, you just saved me some money.This guy had lots of video that looked to me like rios but they could have been hybrids.I thought it was too far east but he said it was'nt.I've hunted turkeys long enough and been on enough out of state hunts to know you better check things out pretty good before handing over any money.Thanks.

spurman

Quote from: ksgobbler on March 05, 2011, 06:01:49 PM
No problem, thats what I am here for. Here is a picture of some hybrids. These birds were taken about 50 yards apart.
This one was my bowkill. Looks Rio right? (ignore the lab after duck season she thinks she belongs in ALL pictures with birds

How is the bet way to tell a hybrid from a Rio?
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

stinkpickle

Quote from: spurman on March 06, 2011, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: ksgobbler on March 05, 2011, 06:01:49 PM
No problem, thats what I am here for. Here is a picture of some hybrids. These birds were taken about 50 yards apart.
This one was my bowkill. Looks Rio right? (ignore the lab after duck season she thinks she belongs in ALL pictures with birds

How is the bet way to tell a hybrid from a Rio?

Too many variations.  Just call it what it looks like the most.