turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Call Websites?

Started by lvetgas, May 28, 2012, 12:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvetgas

Am I just missing it or is there a list of the Custom Call Makers that are members of this forum?  I wanted to pick up a couple of pot calls to start practicing with during the off season and wanted to support forum members when possible.

Along those same lines, do most people try to buy custom calls from people who live in their area or even their state? I feel like hunting is different in different states much less different regions and just was wondering how much that affects where you buy your calls.

Thanks
Thomas

KYFrid

If you go to the top of this page, there a "Links" tab, click on that and it'll give you banners of the call makers that are on here. For me personally, I buy a call for me, if i like it and it sounds good to me, then I will buy it regardless of where the callmaker is from.

woodwzrd

Quote from: WVFrid on May 28, 2012, 09:14:56 AM
If you go to the top of this page, there a "Links" tab, click on that and it'll give you banners of the call makers that are on here.

The links tab only shows a very small hand full of call makers that are on here. I believe those that are shown there are payed advertisers. There are probably 40-50 guys on here including myself that make pot calls.

Unless you are set on buying a call from a local builder, like WvFrid mentioned, find one that you like and go with it. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to calls. Some like high pitched ear splitting raspy calls while others like smooth mellow calls with very little rasp. Only you can be the judge of that. Talk to the call makers and ask them to run a couple of calls for you over the phone. If you get one you are not happy with don't be afraid to work with the call maker on what you are not happy with. I offer to replace any call that I sell if the buyer is not happy with it and mos tother guys out there are more than willing to get you a call that you will carry for many years to come.

misfire

Several of us callmakers on here do not have websites. I am working on one, but then again, I have been "working" on it for six months. I just cant seem to take the time to finish it. Not to mention, I have pretty much sold every call that I had posted on there originally.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

ctwny1

dirt road ninja

I've bought calls from guys all over the country. If I see one that interests me, I scoop it up regardless of the builder or region. All the call builders I've dealt with on OG have been very helpful and stand behind their products. I know one can put together a killer collection off the classifieds here. Most of the custom calls for sale here are under priced IMO. If you would like to hear some of mine I'll happy run a few of them for you on the phone. Got a few pots from different builders here.

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: ctwny1 on May 28, 2012, 11:40:03 AM
You can checkout my website at www.1upgamecalls.com

great looking website, good looking calls
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call