turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli SBE II sling adapters

Started by Dan Smith, May 24, 2012, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Smith

I'm looking for some sling adapters and a good sling for my SBEII.  What have some of you used on your Benelli SBE II's?

I'm finding a large amount of conflicting information out there and want something that works with OEM attachment points on the mag camp and stock.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Dan
Overland Park, KS

BrowningGuy88

I am looking for a paracord sling like is on the new Performance Shop models. That is what I want to put on my Vinci.

870FaceLift

Dan,

I purchased a Claw sling for my brand new (at the time) Benelli this year.  Within one hunt, the Realtree finish on the mag cap was completely scratched off from the friction.  It was obviously an idiot mistake that I made by putting it on there.  The bevel on the mag cap doesn't allow free swivel motion of the sling's adaptor, so damage is inevitable.  I'd be interested to see what other ideas are out there.  If you're looking to go the paracord route, ebay is full of them.
Pass it on...

Dan Smith

Quote from: Daman on May 24, 2012, 02:14:07 PM
I am looking for a paracord sling like is on the new Performance Shop models. That is what I want to put on my Vinci.

I'm going to make a paracord sling if I can find suitable swivels.  I heard the Uncle Mikes swivels work, but want to be sure before I order some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKrqKmw_is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f8q7ePMHUA&feature=channel_video_title

According to Uncle Mikes (Bushnell), the QD115UMC or 15612 Swivel Fits the Super Black Eagle, but they have no application for the SBEII.

Anyone buy swivels that are known to work?

Thanks.

Dan

PALongspur

I'm not sure why they designed the magazine cap the way they did because it seems to be difficult to attach a sling no matter what kind of swivel you use. They best fit I've found are Uncle Mike's, just make sure that they are the older, non-Tri Loc kind. They still make them.

beagler

I use Claw Slings on my SBE 2 and really don't have issues with the end cap.

Never Misses

Dan Smith

Quote from: Daman on May 24, 2012, 02:14:07 PM

I found the company who makes the slings for Benelli. Hit me up via private message to discuss. The company is just getting ready to release these to the public, but isn't quite there yet. They will custom make the slings in any two paracord colors you want.  The options are limitless.  Costs should be under $50 and make the swivels to fit the SBEII.  

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: beagler on May 25, 2012, 11:50:29 AM
I use Claw Slings on my SBE 2 and really don't have issues with the end cap.

Same here. :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WV Ridge Reaper

Old thread I know...

Has anyone tried taking a end cap from a nova to see if it will work on the M2 or SBE ?

dms2511

I just took the front swivel off my claw sling and replaced it with an old school Uncle Mikes swivel.  Works good for me no issues.

WV Ridge Reaper

Well after actually looking at the nova the hole for the sling is not on the end cap..So that won't work.

Maybe a end cap from a stoger 3000 or 3500.

I did how ever find this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/167575/grovtec-push-button-magazine-cap-with-1-quick-detach-sling-swivel-benelli-super-black-eagle-sbe-ii-m2-12-gauge-steel-black

Snoodsniper

Not a benelli guy so I'm not real familiar with your issue but I think the hush stalker swivels from quake might be what you need. They are plastic with a steel pin that screws in through your swivel stud. I've had them on my bps for 15+ years. They are quiet and durable. I think some of the claw slings come with them but the one I bought this year did not. I cut the stitching and used my old ones. There's a couple things that have to be on my turkey gun and that's one of them.

WV Ridge Reaper

For anyone wanting to know a M1 end cap will fit a M2...That solves my problem.