OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 935 Mossy

Started by 3Toes, May 22, 2012, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Toes

I have been reading a lot of the posts on here since early March. I would like to thank each of you for the opinions and information posted here to help each other with turkey gun issues. My wife bought me a new Mossberg 935 Grand Slam for our anniversary and I used helpful advice from here to set it up. I polished the barrel after deep cleaning, installed a new PG670 choke, worked the trigger to a crisp 4 lbs, and installed a set of fire sights. I am currently getting 230-250 pellets on a 8.5 x 11 printed turkey target with an average of 85 in the head and neck. This is with Hevi13 3.5-2.25-#6 shot at a lasered 35 yards. I may try the 7's during the summer, but right now I'm satisfied. Thanks to Clark and ILIKEHEVI13, I have a turkey hunting machine.

allaboutshooting

Congratulations! I think you have a great gun and it sounds like it's patterning very well for you. All my best in the coming seasons.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

3Toes

Thanks, it really does shoot good for my hunting style. I like them 35 yards and closer. I limited out here in Alabama and the best part was no pellets in any of the breast meat. That makes for some fine meals!

Thanks again for your ideas on deep cleaning and choke selection,it did make a big difference in the Mossberg.

mikejd

Only 85 in the head. Hope he don't fly away.lol. sounds to me like you have a beast of a killing machine right there. This site is a big help to all. There's a ton of info we get from the guys on this site.good luck with the gun.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: 3Toes on May 23, 2012, 08:29:55 AM
Thanks, it really does shoot good for my hunting style. I like them 35 yards and closer. I limited out here in Alabama and the best part was no pellets in any of the breast meat. That makes for some fine meals!

Thanks again for your ideas on deep cleaning and choke selection,it did make a big difference in the Mossberg.

I am setting my new Vinci up just for that. 30-35 yard optimal shots and a little wiggle room around 40. I am looking for 150 in the 10 at 40 with 3" 6's - that is what I believe is optimal for my hunting situations.

grousec

Congrads!  I think you will love it.  I sure do mine!!