turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strength in Weakness - Late devotion for 5/16

Started by lightsoutcalls, May 18, 2012, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

This week has been rough for me.  Sunday AM I went through my normal routine of working in my shop for a couple of hours before waking everyone else up for church.  I noticed a little stiffness in my back.  By that evening, I was in some serious pain.  I have a degenerative disk that they found several years ago in a scan after my cancer treatments. I suspected this was the culprit, as it was the same location- L4/L5.  I finally got some relief yesterday with an RX for a muscle relaxer.  Today is the first full day I have spent at work.  Sorry I didn't get a devotional up for Wednesday, but this one seems so appropriate.

Perfect in Weakness
By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

For years, Paul struggled with what he called "a thorn in my flesh" (2 Corinthians 12:7). Scholars have theorized about what this might have been, but no one knows for sure what Paul faced. We do, however, know that it was mentally and physically exhausting for Paul. Perhaps because we aren't certain what it was, we can relate more to Paul's struggle as we compare it to our own.

In the midst of his pain and suffering, Jesus spoke directly to Paul, reassuring him of His watchful care. "Three times," says Paul, "I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'" (2 Corinthians 12:8-9).

Few of us like to think of ourselves as being weak. We like to think of ourselves as self-sufficient, even in our spirituality. We think we need to be strong in our Christian walk. We are tempted to believe that God has chosen us because of our strengths and abilities.

However, Paul was reminded by God that His power is made perfect in weakness so Paul was encouraged to boast in his weakness knowing that it was then that God's power would be shown through him.

Prayer: God, thank You for Your power and grace that make it possible for my weaknesses to be used for Your glory. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10).
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

misfire

Sorry to hear of the pain Wendell, prayers sent for that. And thank you for a very timely message
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

Sorry to hear about your back Wendell, hope your feeling better now.

Thanks for the devotional!!!

God Bless!!!!!
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002