OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Given'em a break......Till next yr.

Started by younggun, May 11, 2012, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

younggun

Well boys here in Tn we got one weekend left and I have decided to sit it out until next yr. I got one tag left but I am more than happy to let it go. I have had the priviledge of watching 12 birds make their final flop, everyone was put down by me or a family member. I experienced a first this year of being a part of not one but two triple kills. I got to call in 3 birds for my old man, he still keeps up with me but I know one day he won't so those are my favorite hunts. I took a different approach this year I hunted a whole lots less, didn't over pressure birds and it turned out to be my best year to date as far as overall hunts. This is probably the most fun I have had in years. So I am going to tip my hat to Mr. turkeygobbler and give him the weekend off but know come next yr. I will be back. And to all my fellow TN hunters I hope your season closes out with a BANG!!!

Flydown

Congrats on a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strutstopper

This TN spring has been the best that I can remember in my 16 years of hunting. Turkeys seemed to have suicidal tendencies all season. I was fortunate enough to see several longbeards hit the dirt. Hopefully next year will be just like this year.

dirt road ninja

Sounds like a great year. I'd have to go after that last tag. The season's too short and the wait too long till next spring. Congrats on a heck of a year and good luck next spring.

davisd9

Congratulations on a great year.  If you hunt like I do than you are pretty tired by the end.  Killed one the last friday of the season, had a few more day left with one tag but I was wore out.  Good Luck next year and so glad you had a blast this year!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer