turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

5-9-12 #2 for va (quantico bird)

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, May 10, 2012, 03:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

well for being a very slow morning in the woods it sure did turn around very quickly, after sitting in the same spot calling very little until about 9:50 i finally got up and went to check a spot that usually holds a late morning bird.  Well as luck would have it my first set of calls were answered by a thundering gobble.  I was able to get this bird to within 40-45 yards twice but didnt want to make that shot.  After working him for almost an hour he finally went away and quit gobbling.  I then headed back out towards where i had sat all morning and to my surprise the bird i was waiting on all morning gobbled right where i thought he was.  I had worked this bird a few days prior and had him at 50 yards for an hour and a half strutting and gobbling.  Well today he made the mistake of being a little further down in the bottom which allowed me to slip in another 50 yards and he ended up walking right to me.  I got on him at 11:00 and he died at 11:29.
19lbs, 10 3/4 beard, inch spurs

ceejay

weave

Very nice bird.  Congrats

Been a long time since I hunted there...maybe next year it is worth a second look.....and only 20 mins from the house.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tomstopper

strutnva

njdevilsb

Nice bird.  Sometimes the ones you work hardest for are some of the most memorable.  Congrats.

archery1

congrats

way to stick with it!!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ol'Mossy

captin_hook