OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Mounts

Started by TRKYHTR, May 09, 2012, 06:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Anthony's post got me to thinking about turkey mounts. How many of you killed a turkey this spring that you are going to mount? I have 6 full mounts and 2 of them I mounted last year. I didn't think I would ever mount another turkey until I killed my MO turkey with 1 3/4" spurs. He just has to be showed off. Anybody out there going to mount their turkey from this spring?

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

anthonyjhallen

I just dropped mine off.  I will get him in full strut since that's the way he was when I killed him.

I was very impressed with the taxidermists work and cant wait to get it back.

slamman

TRKYHTR

yes sir I actually have 6 birds at my taxidermist.  five from my Royal Slam last year and the sixth from my World slam this year.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: slamman on May 09, 2012, 07:49:50 PM
TRKYHTR

yes sir I actually have 6 birds at my taxidermist.  five from my Royal Slam last year and the sixth from my World slam this year.

Well yea. You got to get the new world record mounted. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

MDbowman

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on May 09, 2012, 07:43:02 PM
I just dropped mine off.  I will get him in full strut since that's the way he was when I killed him.

Anthony, who did you go with?

BOFF

Never mounted a turkey before, but I'm looking forward to the bird that will be, sometime in the future.

God Bless,
David B.

davisd9

Had a bird that I killed this year that I considered mounting.  Was 19 lbs, 11.25" beard, and 1.25" spurs, a good friend called it in for me also.  Best beard and spurs I have ever gotten.  I did not do it cause I went to Mississippi this year to hunt and the play fund was down.  There will be another that will have a permanent spot in my home. Congratulations to those that killed one that they mounted, no matter the reason.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spring_Woods

Both my birds are getting mounted.

I always wanted to kill a bird in my home county and ended up killing 2. One had a 12" beard with 1.25 spurs and the other had a 9.75" beard with 1.25 spurs.

After this year I probably won't get anymore mounted. The place they were killed and the spurs made it worth it.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I've got one to be picked up within weeks from last season. 

We will have 2 full mounts in my house but I have intentions of dead mounting another merriams next year.

I'm not going to mount an eastern until I kill one that is double bearded with one of the beards being over 10.5" and spurs being 1 3/8" or better.

FireDoc

I'm having "Caretaker" mounted. He's been at the shop since I got back from KY. Actually, I have a pic I will post when I get it uploaded.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Flydown

I have a Rio at the Taxidermist getting mounted. It was my first Rio and he sported 1.5 spurs and I'm getting him mounted the way he looked after I shot him  ;D DEAD!

I also have my sons first turkey there getting mounted in half strut,gobbling.He had 1 1/8  sharp spurs and a 10 1/2 in beard! I'm still pumped about this turkey!!!!!

renegade19

Joe, I do fan displays.  Got a fan, and beard in the freezer plus one curing that I'm doing for a guy who lets me hunt his land.  One of these days I'd consider a full mount for the right bird.  Maybe the "Loneranger" if he lives through the winter.  Looks like he's gonna make it through another sping!

HARDCORE

Yeah Joe, I've got a couple Rio's at the taxi myself.

My daughters

and mine

Said I wasn't going to have another one mounted for myself, but It was my first Rio and a fairly decent one. 

HC

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: MDbowman on May 09, 2012, 08:15:40 PM
Quote from: anthonyjhallen on May 09, 2012, 07:43:02 PM

Anthony, who did you go with?

Steve at Susquehanna Fur on 40. 

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Andy S.

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 09, 2012, 06:59:12 PM......until I killed my MO turkey with 1 3/4" spurs. He just has to be showed off.
1.75" is strong. Did you post pictures of the spurs? If so, I would like to know the post so I can see them. Not doubting you by any means, I just want to see those incredible spurs. Thanks in advance and congrats on a bird of a lifetime.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.