OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

49 state kills finally

Started by gobbler74, May 09, 2012, 12:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

This Merriams gobbler makes Jimmy Wilhelm's final bird in a "all 49 states" goal. Been a long road and many miles. I was there for 4 of the 49 in the last five years starting at #38 in Wisconsin. I wish I could have been there for all of them. I called this gobbler to the gun last Thurs morning on May 3rd. Sending in his final paper after our season ends in VA as all the state kills are registered for him. What an achievement. This year has included 2 va kills for him and 1 va plus 1 missouri kill for me.  

My Merriams from same hunt killed on Wed May 2nd

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

tomstopper

stone road turkey calls

way to go, can't many claim that honor. :happy0064:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

lonnie sneed jr.

That is something to be very proud of. Congrats

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

:turkey2:

RutnNStrutn

That is awesome!! I've been working on a goal of the lower 48 states. I'm not going to hunt Hawaii. Tell him congrats!! He just renewed my drive to get 'er dun!!! :icon_thumright:

slamman

Wow awesome feat US SLAM only the second one to accomplish it.  My next personal goal.  A GREAT BIG CONGRATS goes out to him.

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

gobbler74

What he's done on a working man's budget includes sleeping in vehicles and a lot of door knocking. The stories are awesome to listen too from a "blue collar" perspective. He's no rich guy. He's only flown twice and used a handful of outfitters for states like Utah, California, Hawaii. Overall probably the cheapest route its been accomplished by.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Turkey Trot

What is the one state in which he did not kill a turkey?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

RutnNStrutn

Wingbone

That is awesome! I can't imagine killing turkeys in 49 different states. A great big congrats to him!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

gobbler74

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 09, 2012, 01:45:57 PM
Alaska!!!
:icon_thumright: yep gets em every time. Most folks answer Hawaii, but they have birds that were imported From Texas.

MDbowman

Great accomplishment, where was this one from? Did I miss it in the OP?

savduck

Man that is fabulous, many congrats. Im gonna do it one day myself.
Georgia Boy

Hognutz

Way to go, you guys. Congrats to Jimmy for accomplishing a seemingly unobtainable goal. WOW!!
My hat is off to you, My friend..
Congrats, as well, to Jim Ward, for having a successful western hunt. Nicely done!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.