OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Turkey!!!! Upstate NY

Started by lunghit, May 04, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

triune

Way to go!
If the spurs are rounded and not pointed (kind of sharp), then I would say he is  two years old.  After a bird reaches 3 years old then it gets difficult to tell.  You can tell if they are rounded or broken off it you look closely.
Had a buddy kill a banded bird in KY several years ago and the spurs were just under 1.25" and very sharp.  When he called in the band information, the bird was banded as jake and was 7 years old.

Again, congratulations on your first!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

HARDCORE

Congrats!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

First ones out of the way, now you can lay the hate.

HC

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your 1st bird and welcome to the addiction!! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

learn2hide

Congrats man...it's a blast, still gets me going everytime :you_rock:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

njdevilsb

Congrats on your first.  If you don't mind me asking, where in NY did you get him?

learn2hide

real good chance that he's a 2 year old with 3/4 and 8" beard...not an exact science though
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

lunghit

Quote from: njdevilsb on May 07, 2012, 01:01:19 PM
Congrats on your first.  If you don't mind me asking, where in NY did you get him?

Thanks for all the compliments. I got him in the town of Afton in chenango county. Not too far from Binghampton.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"