turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke tube cleaning solvent

Started by WyoHunter, May 04, 2012, 12:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

What's the best solvent/cleaner to get choke tubes squeaky clean!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

SumToy

Now this is a good one.   Most the time with ours and a few others I know you can brush them every 10 to 15 shots with a brush.  Now like some of the ported chokes and with our clay choke sometimes it will get hot a cook the wad to the choke.  Then sometimes you sprat brack cleaner on them and it will cut the wad. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

allaboutshooting

Quote from: WyoHunter on May 04, 2012, 12:56:23 AM
What's the best solvent/cleaner to get choke tubes squeaky clean!
I just use some Hoppe's #9 and a good brass/bronze brush.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Skeeterbait

Butch's Bore Shine works well to remove lead and plastic from wads.

mcgruff1533

I keep a glass jar filled with paint thinner.    I just soak my chokes in the paint thinner and then use a brush to clean out the ports.    Works great and hasn't messed with the finish at all.

bbcoach

Brake Cleaner works extremely well to dissolve the plastic in the wad stripping chokes, especially in the Indian Creek chokes. 

Thunderbolt

I scrub my'in with #9 also with the hoppes brush and make it pretty with the CLP.....Thunderbolt

runngun

Cheap carburetor cleaner, works on the inside of the barrel too. Just do not get it on the finish because it will take that off too, sometimes. Don't ask me how I know that!!!
All I have used for years on shotgun barrels.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

WildSpur

I have no problems with the Hoppe's Elite stuff--the stuff that does not stink.

Cluck more, yelp less

stinkpickle

You're supposed to clean 'em??? 

muddyhole