OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Done in KY with broken foot

Started by redrivergar, May 02, 2012, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrivergar

21 lbs. 1.25" spurs 10.5" beard. Wasn't in the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRKYHTR

Great looking turkey. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

turkey slayer

spurman

Some nice hooks, congratulations.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

redrivergar

Thanks guys. I killed a Tom opening day and left for fire dept training in TX the next day. While there I broke my left ankle and decided my season was over. I checked with work to make sure I could go if my buddy took me and did all the leg work. He dropped me off this morning and about 0930 this gobbler made the mistake of being too frisky. It was truly awesome of my buddy to do this for me. Any of you firefighter brothers that notice I have a beard it's because I'm on light duty and I've got permission to grow a duck commander beard!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Are they still playing the game pretty well in ky?

redrivergar

Not so much. Gobblers are getting back together. Last few days should be a challenge.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Ky strutt n bust n

congrats! man i was wondering if any body in ky been having any luck lately. its been over a week since ive heard a gobble. and ive been hunting 4-5 different locations in different counties. and this is first year i can rmember i havent got a turkey by now :( its getting tough as crap with weather getting up to the 90's and no birds gobbling. congrats to you on a great late season trophy and for gettin after em!

WyoHunter

Congrats! Nice bird and a great never-give-up attitude!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

gobbler777

Congrats. I did the same - was on crutches and had a friend/gunbearer. LOL killed a bird as you did. LOL
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland