Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870: Best Selling Shotgun in the History of Earth, according to Wikipedia.

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, May 02, 2012, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Kind of makes me feel like I belong to a great big ol' 870 brotherhood or something.

Reckon the cheaper Mossberg Model 500 will ever surpass the 870's total sales numbers?  BTW, I had one, and I passed it on down the line.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I don't think any shotgun will ever out sell the Rem 870.  It's been the pump gun that all others are measured by.   :z-winnersmiley:

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

nyhunter

I have 4 870's, I hope they go back to there roots because there new 870's are not any better than a cheap mossberg 500. I have a new 870 and it is very rough compared to my older ones.

captin_hook

Ive had three 870s. I only have a 870 SM now. I'm not a mossberg fan, I've owned a couple but didn't like em. I know they're proven turkey killers , but mossys just ain't for me.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Rockhound

Quote from: nyhunter on May 02, 2012, 09:03:55 PM
I have 4 870's, I hope they go back to there roots because there new 870's are not any better than a cheap mossberg 500. I have a new 870 and it is very rough compared to my older ones.

agreed agreed agreed, I love mossbergs i dont know why but i use to like remingtons alot. If they will get away from making wal mart quality guns ill go back to remington. And i wish they would quality has gotten poor so they can sell to walmart imo. but i found me an 11-87 20 gauge the other day i fell in love with

Borat

I'm proud to run my 870.  The gun is treated like a tool and for all the abuse I have put it through, it performs flawlessy every.single.time.

WildTigerTrout

I have owned a couple of Rem 870's. My current is a 3.5" 26" barrel Super Mag Syn/Matte. It is a very reliable shotgun. I am more than happy with it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

mikejd

Quote from: Gobblez on May 02, 2012, 09:56:59 PM
With all due respect, I'll take my Win 1300.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

I'm with you none of my 870's compare to my 1300's.
Doesn't take away that almost every shotgun owner does have an 870 of some sort.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I've had 5 870's.  Only one had to go back and that was a minor spring on the magazine plug issue.  But they fixed it quicker than quick and all was well afterwards.  Remington seems to have great customer service.  I've owned 4 Remington deer rifles and all have been excellent.