turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you know if . . .

Started by sugarray, February 27, 2011, 04:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I am looking at a GPS on ebay and it says new, store display.  Would you be concerned with this and does it come with the warranty?

PANYHunter

I'm not sure but I would be wary.  Probably everybody and their brother has been playing around with it.  Kind of like the display cell phones in the store.  You could ask the seller if the warranty is still good.  If it is you could get it for a steal. 

hookedspur

Quote from: PANYHunter on February 27, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
I'm not sure but I would be wary.  Probably everybody and their brother has been playing around with it.  Kind of like the display cell phones in the store.  You could ask the seller if the warranty is still good.  If it is you could get it for a steal. 
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sugarray

No warranty, so I'll just get a new one from somewhere with a warranty.  Would be great to get it for $70 less, but no warranty really makes me nervous.  The warranty is for a year too.

guesswho

I'd stay away from it.  I'd be more apt to get a refurbished by the factory one that comes with a new warranty.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

sugarray

Haven't been able to find one.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

3.5inchpainfulldeath

well my guess would be if it's new with original box and factory warrenty papers inclueded you would be good to go.  Ask if it was a hand display or a glass case display. 

sugarray

Well, I decided to go a step up.  There was some concern on the Delorme site about discontinuing the 40 model, so I got the 60 model.  still about $100 cheaper than I could find a Garmin Oregon 450t that I was also considering.  maps, from the reviews, all seem better and more detailed.  I am excited, should be here Wednesday 3/2.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: sugarray on February 27, 2011, 11:15:05 PM
Well, I decided to go a step up.  There was some concern on the Delorme site about discontinuing the 40 model, so I got the 60 model.  still about $100 cheaper than I could find a Garmin Oregon 450t that I was also considering.  maps, from the reviews, all seem better and more detailed.  I am excited, should be here Wednesday 3/2.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Let us know how it works...