OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody going to try the new TruGlo Bone Collector Chokes?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, May 01, 2012, 03:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I believe the INV+ and RemChoke are both .667

Bass Pro has them for $50

Just curious about them, I guess.  I'd be a little more interested if they were between .655 and .665

ILIKEHEVI-13

Mightyjoeyoung on here already tried one.  I think he's in love with it. 

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,20510.0.html

You can buy them cheaper on ebay.  I think $34 plus $6 shipping.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

surehuntsalot

I wouldn't own anything that has waddell's name on it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: surehuntsalot on May 01, 2012, 09:25:03 PM

Why is that?  I personally like the guy. 

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 01, 2012, 09:34:23 PM

Never met Waddell but I met T-Bone about 10 years ago when he wasn't a TV commodity. I was hunting a farm near Hogansville and stopped in a small local archery shop. T-Bone was the owner and was in there at the time. He was easy to talk to and very helpful. Seemed like a good guy to me.

mightyjoeyoung

I AM in love with that choke indeed!   :toothy9:  It knocked my SSX out of its top slot shooting hevi 7s and mag blends pluss it shoots the Fed HWs extremely well too!  I only have a few rounds through my C.A. .676 (Stardot) but I can already tell the BC choke is going to be more consistant, throwing exremely even, dense patterns.  As far as the bone collector logo and the brand in general?  Eh...I could take it or leave it. This choke is all Truglo!  I don't care who's name is on it as long as it performs.  As far as Michael Wadell and the flextone brand?  I like the guy.  I think the products are garbage.  I looked at the slate calls last year and four or five of them actually had the Glass and slate surfaces falling out.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on May 02, 2012, 01:20:44 PM
I AM in love with that choke indeed!   :toothy9:  It knocked my SSX out of its top slot shooting hevi 7s and mag blends pluss it shoots the Fed HWs extremely well too!  I only have a few rounds through my C.A. .676 (Stardot) but I can already tell the BC choke is going to be more consistant, throwing exremely even, dense patterns.  As far as the bone collector logo and the brand in general?  Eh...I could take it or leave it. This choke is all Truglo!  I don't care who's name is on it as long as it performs.  As far as Michael Wadell and the flextone brand?  I like the guy.  I think the products are garbage.  I looked at the slate calls last year and four or five of them actually had the Glass and slate surfaces falling out.

Joe, if that choke will consistently out shoot my Star Dot then I'm going to have to buy one .   But it will take one heck of a choke to beat the Star Dot I have.  But then again if a person becomes to believe he has the best choke they become set in their ways and give up their search to keep finding a better choke.  I have yet to find a better shooting choke, but that doesn't mean my search is over. 

That pattern you posted is one of the best I have seen. 

Grunt-N-Gobble

I have no experience with the Bone Collector choke, but I have met Michael Waddell.  Back in 2006 on a bear hunt in New Brunswick.

Very nice guy, easy to talk with, down to earth.  Talked about turkey hunting with him and how he got in the business.  This was back when it was all Realtree Road Trips.  He's a hoot to have in camp.  Met his wife as well and little boy.  His camera crew were some good guys also.

I felt a little bad for him and his wife cause there was this one guy, who I swear was always up his a$$ anytime Michael was in the room.  It was over the top most of the time and other guys in camp noticed it too.

The guy is living the dream and making money while he's at it.  Granted, having his name on everything that is "Bone Collector" is a bit much, but don't knock the guy because if it.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 01, 2012, 09:34:23 PM

can't stand him or his hunting shows
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mikejd

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on May 02, 2012, 03:18:49 PM
I have no experience with the Bone Collector choke, but I have met Michael Waddell.  Back in 2006 on a bear hunt in New Brunswick.

Very nice guy, easy to talk with, down to earth.  Talked about turkey hunting with him and how he got in the business.  This was back when it was all Realtree Road Trips.  He's a hoot to have in camp.  Met his wife as well and little boy.  His camera crew were some good guys also.

I felt a little bad for him and his wife cause there was this one guy, who I swear was always up his a$$ anytime Michael was in the room.  It was over the top most of the time and other guys in camp noticed it too.

The guy is living the dream and making money while he's at it.  Granted, having his name on everything that is "Bone Collector" is a bit much, but don't knock the guy because if it.

I used to like him back then to. He seams to be getting to big for himself. just my opinion but it seems like they just act like idiots now.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 02, 2012, 02:04:01 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on May 02, 2012, 01:20:44 PM

Joe, if that choke will consistently out shoot my Star Dot then I'm going to have to buy one .   But it will take one heck of a choke to beat the Star Dot I have.  But then again if a person becomes to believe he has the best choke they become set in their ways and give up their search to keep finding a better choke.  I have yet to find a better shooting choke, but that doesn't mean my search is over. 

That pattern you posted is one of the best I have seen.

I may just have to run more rounds through my C.A. to see how she smooths out and settles in.  Its def a well built choke and I know they are great.  My old Stardot was fantastic but I sold it in search of "something better".  Never should have sold it...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.