OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Big problem

Started by Rich54, May 01, 2012, 08:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich54

I'm 54yo and hunted Turkey for the very first time this spring, even bagged a nice fat Jake. But now I have to wait until next spring to hunt turkey again and Im slowly losing my mind over it. :TooFunny: I had no idea turkey hunting was so much fun.

How does one survive and retain sanity in between seasons? Thank you.

PureGold

Dove, Duck, Goose, Deer seasons! Fishing...here and there! But most of all...Spending money on new turkey supplies! CALLS, Calls, calls!

It's tough though!

joshb311

Quote from: PureGold on May 01, 2012, 08:29:24 AM
Dove, Duck, Goose, Deer seasons! Fishing...here and there! But most of all...Spending money on new turkey supplies! CALLS, Calls, calls!

It's tough though!

x2    If it weren't for deer and dove seasons I would absolutely lose it while waiting around for the next turkey season.

West Augusta

You spend your off season here on the Old Gobbler and buy calls.  :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

woodwzrd

Just like everyone else said you spend the rest of the year gearing up for next season. Don't forget the fall season. That is a whole nother addiction

hookedspur

Quote from: West Augusta on May 01, 2012, 08:46:30 AM
You spend your off season here on the Old Gobbler and buy calls.  :TooFunny:

THIS  :toothy12: :z-winnersmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TauntoHawk

Deer season take up a large portion of the year, shooting bow, fishing, camping, finally getting some work done..

never easy though
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rich54

Thanks for the headsup. I didnt expect to love turkey hunting as much as I did.

mikejd

I try and tell non turkey hunters that this is the most fun thing I do and I hunt for everything fish for anything and everything but I tell them if I could pick just 1 and had to give up the others it would be spring turkey handsdown. The only people who understand are other turkey hunters. Yes were the only ones who think the wild turkey is beautiful.

fallhnt

Fall turkey hunt.It's more fun and the season is longer.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Mike Honcho

Welcome to the sport Rich54!   I take my grandsons in youth season....that gives me another two weeks at the front of the season....I can't shoot but it's more fun for me to teach them anyway.

Have you checked seasons on neighboring states...you might be able to extend your season that way.

Gold Spur

Old Gobbler is the best therapy for me. Here you can talk turkey hunting everyday with the best turkey hunters around. Believe me, you are not alone.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

wingbonehntr

Work a lot and save your money and vacation days for multiple states next year.

redarrow

Beer,whiskey,wine,.................