Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Saturday Devotional 4/28/2012 "Where will you dwell?"

Started by BOFF, April 27, 2012, 11:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, we had a funeral today of my wife's aunt. She was a Godly lady, always giving anything asked of her, though many times, she was doing without. Her ministry was visiting nursing homes and the residents who were unable to go to church. She was a prayer warrior, and would never let anyone leave, if they asked for prayer, until the prayer was spoken. She was ready to go and be with her Saviour, and she did so Tuesday morning at 3:42am. She will be missed, but we will see her again one day.

Though this verse is common and often spoken at funerals, it was very fitting for her.

Psalm 23  (NKJV)

The Lord the Shepherd of His People
A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Are you able to face the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil? Does your cup run over? Are you able to dwell in the house of the Lord forever, once your time on earth is done?

Heavenly Father, I thank you for Aunt Louise, and her faithful service to you. Be with her sisters, brothers, children, and friends who are missing her presence here on this temporary dwelling. Give them peace and  comfort. Thank you for your salvation offered to all of us. May those who don't know you, open their hearts to your love and grace, so they may have a dwelling place with you forever. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's Aunt Louise, she sounds like a wonderful servant of the Lord!!! Great devotional David!!

Have a good day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

I am sorry to hear of the loss, but have to admit that I am a little jealous of her. I cant wait to experience what she is seeing and doing right now
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

BOFF

Your so right Lee. I can see her now at the Savior's side smiling ear to ear jumping up and down with joy, turning her head to look back to us and saying "sorry guys, I ain't coming back!!"

God Bless,
David B.

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!