OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta 391 Urika 20 gauge

Started by Calaveras, April 27, 2012, 10:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calaveras

Hey folks,

New to the forum and want to convert my Beretta 391 20 gauge 26" barrel into my dedicated turkey gun.  I plan on using Federal HW #6 or #7. 

Any suggestions on if I should use the factory full choke tube or buy an aftermarket?

Also, any thoughts on camo wrap vs paint?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nolehoe

A 391 would make a horrible turkey gun, save yourself some diffusion by putting it in a box and shipping it to me :P

I would try the wrap first and then paint it if you dont like it. Easier to unwrap than un paint

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

WyoHunter

Quote from: Calaveras on April 27, 2012, 10:25:37 AM
Hey folks,

New to the forum and want to convert my Beretta 391 20 gauge 26" barrel into my dedicated turkey gun.  I plan on using Federal HW #6 or #7. 

Any suggestions on if I should use the factory full choke tube or buy an aftermarket?

Also, any thoughts on camo wrap vs paint?

Thanks in advance for your help
I have a Beretta 391 Urika Gold Grade 20 ga. that I turned into a dedicated turkey gun. I used a camo gun sock and it has worked out well. As soon as the wind dies down here in WY I'll be patterning some FED Hw 7's thru a Carlson's .575 choke tube. I have shot Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-Shot choke (.573) and  an Undertaker (.582) with decent results (130's). The pics show my Beretta M303 12 ga on top and the 391 Urika 20 ga. at the bottom. The pic of the NE gobbler and 391 Urika was taken a few weeks ago. Let me know how you do and I'll report my findings as soon as this darn wind stops blowing!   
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Calaveras

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing your results.  The camo project starts this weekend.

All the best