OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

KS 2012 w/pics. A hunt I'll never forget!!

Started by neal, April 26, 2012, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

We arrived in KS on Friday the 20th and headed to the hills around 215 and by 230 I had one on the ground. We then proceded to get into a ground blind it was myself, wife and our daughter. This would my daughters first turkey hunt (age 9) and my wife's first KS hunt. Around 330 I called in a hen and 8 jakes that couldn't get enough of my DSD hens I had out, after letting them slide by I called up 4 gobblers around 430. After getting my daughter Chesney's 20ga with fastfire all settled in she was able to take one of the longbeards at 24yds and unfortunately for one of the others he stopped to take one last look and my wife took him out at 30yds. And just like that we had three on the ground with not only Chesney's first turkey but also a double with her Mom! I had two very happy girls in the blind and me being one proud Dad and husband. We had 6 in our group and we took 7 birds with a few misses. My wife ended up with 2 birds my buddies kid killed 2 and another buddy of mine didn't tag a bird (one miss was his) My one buddy and his kid doubled on a pair of dandy gobblers the first night as well his kids a triple bearded and the Dad's bird was a 7 bearded bird. Here are a few pics form our hunt.
My bird nice 2yr old come in with 3 hens

My wife and daughters birds

My daughter showing off the 1 1/4" spurs it also had a 11" beard and weighed 22lbs.

Myself and my girls, we do have better pics of this one and this one will be our Christmas card this year.

The 7 bearded gobbler

Little KS buck sheds bout 160's

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

intherut

Gold Spur

Congrats to you and your family on a great hunt... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Gazelle

RutnNStrutn

Fantastic!!! Family hunts, doubling up, great success, sheds, multi-bearded birds, you had it all!!! Wow!!!!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

tomstopper

Wow. Congrats. Hunting with the family is priceless especially with all the success you had.

jb177

Excellent....

Sounds like a hunt you'll never forget.  We had a decent hunt in KS as well, but not as good as yours.  I assume you were hunting some good private land....

DirtNap647

stone road turkey calls

great hunt, good to see the girls hunting.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

savduck

Georgia Boy

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Roostem33

Sounds like a great time with the family, congrats to all!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)