turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First ever turkey with video!

Started by Pacificcooler, April 26, 2012, 02:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacificcooler

Hi everyone new to the forum and turkey hunting. So I have hunted for turkey a few time( we're talking 2-3 max) without ever seeing a bird. Was kinda discouraged there after and just stuck to whitetail for the past few years. Well last fall I got a new property to hunt and while out deer hunting I couldn't help but notice an abundance of turkey roaming around. Literally would see some almost every time I was out. So long story short I applied for a tag and got it.

Now keep in mind I had no clue what I was doing! Lol also must say I might be the luckiest person ever. As you can see in the video (sorry we're no where near being pro film makers) I missed the first shot. It worked out in the end because as things would have it the turkeys weren't even in the shot. Don't know how I managed to get a second chance but the turkey where more focused on opening a can of woop-a$$ on the decoy.  Wish I would of made a little better shot the second time but all that matters in the end is I got the bird.

Have to say I will most defiantly never be missing a turkey season ever again even though I don't think I can top this hunt. First ever turkey, killed it with a bow, and got it on video. Im stoked!

Link to video enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQAR8kiYQOM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

jellyhead48

Did you hit them both?  Looks like the one in the back is the one who went down.    Congrats

Pacificcooler

No the one in the back flew clear across the field. If I could do over I would of shot that bird because he had a limp before arrows started flying lol. He was just always further away then the bird I shot and as you can see I need them as close as possible!

Ky strutt n bust n

now thats cool. killing your first ever gobbler with a bow. congrats to you. thats an accomplishment

Pacificcooler

Thanks can't even start to tell you how excited I am.

WyoHunter

Congrats! Nice video and nice bird!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a nice archery bird!!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

tomstopper

Congrats. First turkey and with a bow =Great job