OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need help deciding on a .22 rifle **Picture added and decision made**

Started by bird, April 25, 2012, 10:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Quote from: mossy835 on April 26, 2012, 07:23:32 PM
In the case of zombies a no brain er the 10 shot non jam Ruger. But you are full of surprises so we wait until you clue us in?
All three are good fire arms I am just partial to the Ruger.

If I'm shootin' at Zombies, I'm usin' my AR!

mossy835

guesswho

I think you would be pleased with either one of those choices.  One of my buddy's has that CZ and it's pretty sweet running throwing Eley's through it!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

bird

Quote from: mossy835 on April 26, 2012, 07:34:43 PM
And the better half?

I'll pop a open choke in all my shotguns and load her up with some 00 buck and tell her to let em rip. Don't hold back baby, blast those Zombies!!!

mossy835

Quote from: AngryBird on April 27, 2012, 10:27:07 AM
Quote from: mossy835 on April 26, 2012, 07:34:43 PM
And the better half?

I'll pop a open choke in all my shotguns and load her up with some 00 buck and tell her to let em rip. Don't hold back baby, blast those Zombies!!!

Good idea but which 22 auto would you hand her as in your sales pitch to get a new one????

bird

Come on Mossy... I have the most awesome wife in the world.  I never have to look for her approval to buy a firearm or ammo.  If I want it, I get it cuz I wear the pants around this house!

:smiley-char092:

tiggere

Been there and done that with the 10/22...the factory barrel/barrel band is crap (the target version has a Green Mountain if memory serves...good barrel)...so your looking at a replacement barrel and either opening up the factory stock or a replacement stock...by the time you have done all that you could have gotten the CZ and it will still outshoot the 10/22...to get the 10/22 up to snuff it needs an action job and an aftermarket trigger or someone to work on the factory one (thats what I did along with building a custom stock)...you should also check the brass after you shoot the 10/22 and look where the firing pin hits the brass...its erratic at best...again...go with the CZ...get a $12/$15 trigger spring kit and be done with it...you might have to open the channel on the CZ to free float the barrel but it will be close from the factory...

Note...the BSA scope actually goes on the CZ...the Remington one is just hanging there to have a place to hold it...its not even tight...

Also a few that were not mentioned but might be out of the budget are the Cooper 57-m...or if you can find one a Suhl 150...maybe even a Remington 40x...sorry...I just like ACCURATE rimfires...of the three you posted I would actually pick the Savage over the 10/22 if that tells you where the 10/22 ranks in my opinion...

VAarrowslinger

ruger 10/22T is a solid gun. Do yourself a favor and look into a CZ. These are great rimfire guns for a good price.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well don't keep us in suspense too long Al. 

I would have went with the CZ. 

Crappiepro

Ruger 10/22 or Remington Speed Master 22. I like them both and both are great shooters.

pappy

Bet you can't find one of these but the Marlin Golden 39A lever action I have is one of the best shooting 22's I have ever handled. 
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

neverstopchasin

u not supposed to use them turkey huntin :cowboy:

schuylkillspur

You hav nothing w/o FAITH

bird

OK the new .22 came in yesterday and I choose to go with the Ruger 10/22 Target.  I changed the sling studs on her and put a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9X40 scope on top with Leupold Rifleman vertical split medium scope rings.  I ordered 10 different hollow points to try out and find which shell she likes to spit down range.  I love the wood on the stock and the twist on the bull barrel.  Can't hardly wait to get to the range and break her in.

bird