OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

regular sbe and federal 3.5 in heavy 7's

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, April 24, 2012, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

Is there anyone shooting a regular sbe with the federal 3.5 in heavy sevens, choke and constriction.... also would be interested in the sbe 2

bandedhonker

I have shot/hunted with the original SBE for years...Great pattering gun.  I also now shoot the M3500.  Both guns use the same choke and I'm currently using the Trulock Federal Heavyweight choke in .650 constriction with the Fed HW 7's.  Both of these guns for me are getting well over 220 in the 10" at 40yds.  Have gotten as high as 249 in the M3500.  Hope this helps...good luck

gobblingghost

In my SBE I shoot Hevi 3.5" 2.25 oz #7 with a Sumtoy choke and I'm getting 300 shot in a 10" cir @ 40 yrds.

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: gobblingghost on April 26, 2012, 06:25:10 AM
In my SBE I shoot Hevi 3.5" 2.25 oz #7 with a Sumtoy choke and I'm getting 300 shot in a 10" cir @ 40 yrds.

I have a sbe 2 that I am shooting the same shell and with a sumtoy choke   it shoots awesome ...I am wanting to set up my regular sbe for something different...currently looking into the federal heavy 7's

obro

Check with Rob Roberts. I had him set up my sbe2 for 3.5 heavy weight 7s. I am pleased with results. I dont have the exact numbers but I am thinking it was over 200 in 10 inch circle at 40.I shot it this year just to confirm poi.Temps were in the 40s and it shot 190s consistantly at 40. I have had good results on birds with the load also. 6 for 6 from 25 to fourty plus. I will say it was 40 and a half to make the mods happy.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on April 24, 2012, 08:59:24 PM
Is there anyone shooting a regular sbe with the federal 3.5 in heavy sevens, choke and constriction.... also would be interested in the sbe 2

The Wright's #3 with a .650 exit diameter and the SSX with a .643 exit diameter both do well with those shells but both shoot better with the 3" than the 3.5" shell, as I find most chokes do.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."