turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

am I the only one who gets lazy?

Started by MouthCaller, April 24, 2012, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

I still have 2 more gobblers I can kill here in Tennessee and 2 in Kentucky but I just don't feel like getting out at daylight and walking the woods for 5-6 hours anymore. 2 reasons, 1 because I have already killed 2 and I feel like I have accomplished what I set out to do and 2 I feel like if I kill more turkeys this year that means less to hunt next year. Anyone else feel the same way?

VAHUNTER

not me!! when i go to bed at night all i can think of is getting in the woods the next morning.
i have been that way since i was a boy. hope that feeling never leaves.
Good things come to those who wait

tomstopper

I have to admit that I feel lazy sometimes as well but then my love for chasing gobblers drives me back to the woods. I just keep reminding myself that its just for a month.

Wingbone

Numbers never satisfy me, but after 3-4 hunts with no action or bird flopping, I do tend to get lazy.....for maybe a day. Then I realize I am going to hate myself after season is over for not going every minute that I can. Of course on the years I tag out early I am miserable the rest of the year.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Clif Owen

I'm too obsessed with it to get lazy. Our season closer a week ago and I went to the woods Saturday to "see if that long-legged so-and-so at the lake will come in this time". Now, he has nearly a year to forget about it.....

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Nope. Killum all or end the season trying!

Flydown

pullit

Lazy is not what I get, but it does get harder to go when the birds are not wanting to play at all. They have all quit where I hunt and by that I mean not seeing or hearing anything. That gets old after 2 or 3 hunts.

Tail Feathers

MC, you should see your doctor.  This info, plus you are a Titans fan...well man you need help!! :goofball:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dbrnmllr

I know where you are coming from.  I like to sleep.  Usually get they way on longer seasons like archery deer, don't have too much o a problem with spring turkey tho.  I do get the more for next year thing..... That's why I can't bring myself to shoot a jake this year, seems like that is all I have seen, but can't pull the trigger.

Turkey Havoc

If my son and I have not tagged out, I start losing sleep the longer the season goes on. So I might as well get out there early in the mornings and chase those thunder chickens around. The thing that depresses me is if I don't hear any birds, don't see any tracks or other sign. If I can just see tracks, and maybe some dust bowls or strut sign, I am good to go.
Stephen H Spraberry

redleg06

Quote from: MouthCaller on April 24, 2012, 08:47:35 PM
I still have 2 more gobblers I can kill here in Tennessee and 2 in Kentucky but I just don't feel like getting out at daylight and walking the woods for 5-6 hours anymore. 2 reasons, 1 because I have already killed 2 and I feel like I have accomplished what I set out to do and 2 I feel like if I kill more turkeys this year that means less to hunt next year. Anyone else feel the same way?

No.

guesswho

I'm lazy from May 16th to March 14th.  After that I'm wide open.  As far as less turkeys to hunt next year, I've never been able to kill'em all so the next year the woods are full of the aggrevating critters again. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tha bugman

its not a passion...its an obsession :z-guntootsmiley:

neverstopchasin

i work 2nd shift get in bed bout 12 and get up at 430. then have to leave for work at 1230 and its killin me but NEVERSTOPCHASIN! :cowboy: