OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone try a TruGlo TG155x (.643) with Hevi-13 7's

Started by WyoHunter, April 23, 2012, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Any experiences with this choke would be appreciated. Seems like it would be too tight with Hevi-13 7' but I guess you never know.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 23, 2012, 07:47:52 PM
Any experiences with this choke would be appreciated. Seems like it would be too tight with Hevi-13 7' but I guess you never know.

I shoot those chokes a lot in several different guns. It works exceptionally well in my SBE & Nova shotguns with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot.

I know the e.d. sounds tight but it's really all about the interior geometry of the choke tube. Here's a picture of the interior http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=465 it's a very well designed turkey choke.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

njdevilsb

It put up some good numbers out of my 535 with a 20 inch barrel shooting the Hevi #7's.  Personally, I saw similar numbers, but more even patterns out of my Indian Creek .660, but the SSX was definitely a good shooter as well. 

WyoHunter

Shot my TruGlo TG155 SSX (.643) yesterday evening. Due to the windy conditions I only shot two shots - one at 30 yds and one at 40 yds. I had to time my shot when the died down for a second. I was shooting my Beretta M303 26" and Hevi-13 3-2-7. At 30 yds in a 10 1/8" circle I counted 321 holes and at 40 yds 272 holes. Impressive to say the least!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!