OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indiana Turkey Season Gettin Close

Started by Hootowl, April 23, 2012, 06:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

How many of you Indiana Guys are ready to Get into the Woods, Iam know I am, Leaving out tomorrow, and try and see if the Birds are still roosting in my woods, and then May Roost some Tuseday Eve. Best of Luck , shoot straight, and Be Safe. Are season Starts this Wed 4/25.

Hoot

rev

Good luck Hoot
Head'n south Wed morning from Indy
Where I hunt the farmer hasn't seen or heard anything for a week and a half,
But it sure beats work'n

Siwash

Our season in Ontario also starts on April 25! Good luck to you!

Crappiepro

I'll be out. I'm on vacation for the first 2 weeks of season. I'll be hunting Parke, Vigo and maybe a couple other counties if needed. I'm fired up and hopefully the birds will be too.
Good Luck to everyone!

Hootowl

Saw the weather for Wed and its showing 80% rain, I am taking the Groundblind, I really like being in the open, but not sittin in the Rain, Plus if its Raining as I enter the Woods I need to think about Maybe moving to an open field also? I know Kinda where they Roost? But they could Pitch down into this open field, Not real sure if its Raining? What would you Guys do, hunt in the woods Or Open field just up against the woods?

Hoot

Bucnspur

I'm ready! If it's raining I'll be on field edges. My kid tried using decoys last weekend but the birds did not want any part of them so I think I'm going to leave them in the truck.

indybeard

I was down in Owen county this past weekend with my boys for the youth hunt & we had gobbles all around us.My youngest boy missed  a nice tom saturday,got up & took another shot & killed my jake decoy! LOL! It was funny after a few minutes. I told him"at least you hit what you were aiming at". They were gobbling all around us at daybreak. Good luck fellas!

Spring Creek Calls

Good luck Dave! I'm down in MO right now and will be heading to KS in a few hours. I've got a MO longbeard down and hoping for a KS Rio. Be safe and give 'em hell!   Mike
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com