OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snowy WV opening day sucess

Started by wvnut3, April 23, 2012, 09:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Well we didnt get the high winds, but it was snowing. The first day was sucessful in West Virginia. This gobbler came out with another into a field .They beelined to my decoys and after a short display of gobbling and fighting i was able to squeeze off a shot after they seperated.The shot was 37.6 yards with my 870 with Trulock Choke. The Fed Heavyweight 3'' #7 did a number. The bird went bang flop, didnt know what hit him.The new burris FF3 with the 8moa is awesome. I like the see through cover. The bird has a doube beard measuring 9 1/2 in and 5 7/8 in. spurs were 1 1/8 in and 7/8 in.weight 24.8 lbs. Lee

wvboy

Very nice.. love the snow pics.. I couldn't make it down to WV for opening day this year.. but will be there next Monday and Tues..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

savduck

Very sweet. Snowing in late April.
Georgia Boy

a-j calls

Well done, nice one in crappy weather.

Reloader

Lenny870

Nice turkey Lee... I should a went with ya :icon_thumright:

swamp_bird89

Thats awesome, I shot one in a light snow before but nothing like that!

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

wvnut3

Lenny, you are right. We could have had a double.Lee

njdevilsb

That is too cool, taking a spring gobbler in the snow.  Congrats on a nice bird.  The way it's looking here in NY, we may have snow for our opener. 

VaTuRkStOmPeR

turkey_slayer

earlybird

mikejd