OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning gold 3.5"

Started by mikejd, April 23, 2012, 06:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejd

I just picked up a Browning gold 3.5" nwtf. And was wondering if anyone had a favorite choke shell combo.
Thank
Mike

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Great gun.

Polish the barrel.  Get some nitro 6x7 h13 and an Indian creek .675 or rhino .670 and it'll be everything you've ever dreamed of.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I would try a .675 choke.  Mine shot very well with lead loads using a Comp-n-Choke back when I had my Browning Gold.  But Pure Gold or Indian Creek would more than likely be a good start. 

mikejd

Cool guys. I'll probably start with the Indian creek. All 3 of you so far said it so sounds good to me. And I have had some good luck with them in some other guns.
Thanks

teke

Indian Creek .665 and Hevi 7's 2.25 oz. works great in my SX3.

Gold Spur

Mine loves the Indian Creek .665 and H-13 7's. 300+ pellets in a 10" circle @ 40yds.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

South Alabama

Make sure yours likes ejecting the 3.5" ... i did not have great luck with mine

runngun

Pure gold 670 with Hevi 7s, Awesome!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mikejd

Goldspur those are some numbers.

Thanks guys.

Gold Spur

I didn't get numbers like that until I tried Clarks deep cleaning trick.  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

mikejd

I am planning on doing a deep clean before my next time out.

crenshawco

Rhino .670 and Nitro H510C (4,5,7).

I was getting 255 average with 2011 nitros. This years shells my numbers dropped to 235 for some reason but still plenty to kill them.

This is out of a NWTF Browning Gold from probably around 2003-2004

chipper

I'm running from 290 to 315 with the #7's in a IC .665 in my SX3.

mikejd

Crenshawko that's pretty much the same gun. The guy I got it from said it was about 7-8 yrs old. Also nwtf.

siyakadog

This is what I use, don't have a bunch of #'s but here goes...
I use 3.5's Hevi #5's out of the Browning Xfull turkey choke.  My gun is the Browning Gold Hunter with 26" barrel. 
Here goes the controversial part,  I won't hesitate to take a turkey out at 65yds.  Yes 65yds, have killed 5 at that range, I don't like it but when I have to make the shot it does it.  I prefer to shoot them at 30 yds but when the last day of season rolls around and they hang up, I know I can make the shot.

Hope it helps