OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Georgia double

Started by Roostem33, April 23, 2012, 12:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

Well my best friend called me at 3:00 this afternoon and asked me if I wanted to go try our luck at a local farm we like to hunt. We got there at 4:30 pm and got set up, its only 75 acres but it holds a lot of birds. We sat back to let the woods calm down and after about 10 minutes I looked to my left and there stood a gobbler 100 yds out. I give him a soft yelp on one of the slate calls that I make and boom he gobbled right back so I give him another yelp and a cutt and 20 seconds later he was 15 yds away and I greeted him with a load of Hevi Shot. This might be the shortest hunt I have ever had so I ran out and got the bird and sit back down, we waited about 10 minutes and started to call again and boom we got an answer right back from about 150 yds into the swamp that borders the property we hunt on. We worked this bird for an hour and fifteen minutes, but when we both started purring and whining it was more than he could stand he came right at us and he was also greeted with a load of Hevi Shot. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!!!

Joey's bird (left)
10 1/2 inch beard
1 1/4 inch spurs
22 pounds

My bird (right)
11 1/2 inch beard
1 3/16 & 1 1/4 spurs
21 pounds

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My spurs, beard and my Aluminum Call  

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Ol'Mossy

Nice birds, congrats to you both, nice pics too  :icon_thumright:

Lightnrod

Congrats to both of you!

headbanger

misfire

Wow Jody, awesome hunt and really GOOD birds. Uh, you do know MY phone still works dontcha? :TooFunny:
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

pullit

Wrangler95

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Shellwaster

Man that's awesome, especially given the wind we had. I cut the grass in the wind today and could barely hear the motor in front of me.

Congrats on the great birds

njdevilsb

Those are a couple of great birds.  Congrats.

magedon44

Hognutz

Congrats!! Nicely done, boys..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Turkey Trot

Were you hunting in Carroll County?

How windy was it out there on Sunday afternoon?

It was windy elsewhere in GA.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Limbstrutter

Way to go !! Congrats ....
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

NCTURKEYHUNTER

Congrats on some real nice birds.