OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobblers regrouping.

Started by Turkey Havoc, April 22, 2012, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Havoc

I think I our gobblers are starting to group back up together. Final day of season, and I was calling for my son today. They gobbling good, but it was a group of them, and they hung up out of range. They had no hens, but wouldn't come any closer than about 60 yards. What do ya'll think could they be getting back together down here in Louisiana?
Stephen H Spraberry

woodchip

I think they're already regrouping here in Kentucky so they probably are there since it is further South.

Turkey Havoc

Thanks, I heard a couple of other groups of gobblers in the distance which further led me to believe that they were getting back together. On a sad note we found where a predator had gotten into a hens nest. Man, could you imagine the turkey population if almost all turkeys hatched? It would be unreal.
Stephen H Spraberry

TauntoHawk

they'd be thicker than squirrels
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

surehuntsalot

I know they are regrouping here in MS.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Here in NY our season begins tomorrow but all my trail cam pics have shown two gobblers and sometimes three that have not left each other yet. (last time I checked the pics was 6 days ago)