turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For the Spur lovers!!

Started by jblackburn, April 22, 2012, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I took a friend/co-worker turkey hunting in western Oklahoma this weekend and called in his first turkey Friday evening.  It was super windy all day and this was the only bird we heard gobble all day, and we did not hear him until 6:00 pm!  After a little cat and mouse, this guy came in to 40 yards and my buddy smoked him with his new 835 with 3 1/2 inch Winchester Supreme 6's!!  I coaxed him in with Gooserbat's Bacon call!  We call these BLTs, Bacon, Lead and Turkey!

The bird weighed 18 lbs 11 oz, sported a 10 1/2 inch beard and incredible hooks measuring 1 1/2 and 1 9/16!  An absolutely incredible bird, especially for a first turkey!

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

spitndrum

BowBendr

Holy Cow, what a bird      :z-guntootsmiley:

ccleroy

Swamprunner

I think I would remeasure on the curve. Those look bigger than 1-9/16. What a hoss!!

shootemintheface

Ded Goblr

Those could definitely do some damage. Want make sure he's not kickin when you pick him up!!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

paboxcall

Wow -- awesome hooks.  Look like bear claws.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

JnL

barry

I would just like one with spurs lke that

jblackburn

Quote from: barry on April 22, 2012, 02:21:10 PM
I would just like one with spurs lke that

That is exactly what I told him!  That bird has the longest spurs I have personally seen, yet alone called in!  I told him that if I had shot it, I would have it mounted.  He got on the phone and found a taxidermist that is known for turkey mounts and is having it done!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Quote from: Swamprunner on April 22, 2012, 12:52:09 PM
I think I would remeasure on the curve. Those look bigger than 1-9/16. What a hoss!!

He is in the freezer and will be going to the taxi.  I will probably remeasure them both, I measured them in the heat of the moment with a little tape I carry with me, I very easily could have made a mistake as excited as I was!!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

spaightlabs

wbpc