turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SO CAL SNOW

Started by socalturkeyman, February 26, 2011, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

I wish I would have had my camera today scouting. IT WAS SNOWING lol,now I know most of you are fed up of snow. But its a rare thing in San Diego. The turkeys were out and they looked like the were freezing lol. Got to go to the local "turkey tune-up" and I got a nice map and good info. from the forest ranger. Looks like I might have a super sneaky spot come spring,that I know for sure no one hunts since private land almost surrounds the area. So as of right now Im grinin' like a kid in a candy store.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Nimrodmar10

Luckily the snow there isn't like the rain. I will probably only rain once a year but when it does it will rain for 10 days straight and flood everything. Then an hour after it quits raining, you can't tell it rained at all.

kj

Good luck, I've been beating the bushes for private land here in Norcal but no luck so far.

I was drawn for the BCCER hunt mid-April and have entered all the DFG draws (but am not too hopeful).  I suspect I will be trying my hunting on the unrestricted public lands and intend to scout one spot in particular before the season opens.

Snow down to 2,000ft up here last weekend.

socalturkeyman

Ya Im waiting on those dfg hunts also. Thats cool that you got drawn for the big chico hunt,I also applied for that but I didnt get it. lol. But you should hit up TURKYHNTR he live up north too. He might be able to get you set up with some possible spots.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy