OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

tagged out in Arkansas

Started by AR_gobblergetter, April 21, 2012, 08:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

well I took vacation last week .got the first bird on wednesday morn
2nd bird this morn , I knocked a big bird down on mon morn and he got away , to far of shot  ....heres the stories
wed morning I...setup where I called him in previous morn ,..he was a lot further off this time ..2 ridges over ..had two others hammering down valley also ...I decided to go to him ..took off ..up and down up and down finally got 100yrds from him and setup in valley by creekbed, he was on top ..gobbled everytime I called ..I quit yelpin and scratched the leaves and he hammered about 75 yards straight up hill in front of me . then I saw his fan ..he paced ridge for ten mins gobbling ..then went back around topside toward a field ...I could hear hens clucking too ...I quickly went back up a bluff and tried to get on backside of where he was going ..350 yards later i came out in field and had two hens 10yards in dip feeding .. I squatted they came literally right up to my tree I was behind and new something was wrong I scared em good with intentions they would flydown hill behind me and they did exactly what I wanted >>I yelped a few times and he gobbled right on top in field ...I called a few more times and switched too slate ..he liked it ..came to edge of ridge where he could see down and just stood there struttin , drummin and gobblin for the next hour ..then I saw another hen going too him at top ...he chased her and bred her 3 times ..then she went on about to the left and toward me feeding , he steadily gobblin and struttin ,,,I waited till she got in woods beside me about 50 yards and I gobbled at him >>>he came out of strut and was on the way ..he was coming to my left and toward me ..he was facing me walking and I shot him at 38 yards ..he rolled then tried pushin his self down hill just couldnt lift his head so I shot again ..(deadbird)!! prob shouldnt have shot twice but after the lost bird monday I wasnt taking any chances ....was awesome morning lots of action
[IMG]http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/AR_deerslayer/Mobile%20Uploads/birdgoble.jpg[/IMG]

todays hunt
went out this morn ,, wind was horrible didnt have much faith .heard 2 gobble down about 200yards from where I expected them to be ...I took off ..got close and called again ..1 gobble ..sat for ten mins nothing ..I got up and went toward em a bit and was in a small creek bed looking up at edge of small field and there they were ..80yards 4 big fans blowed up puttin on a show ...I called and 1 gobbled ..then I saw the hens ..there were 4 toms , 1 jake and 5-6 hens ,, this bird was whipping the other 3 everytime they got close to the biggest hen , and I watched them dance for 30 mins , they wasnt budging so I made my move ..crawled back down ditch and went left 10yards ..then army crawled up the ridge about 40 yards and got a log and brushpile in front of me ..I got to edge and raised up slow and they were there about 50 yards ..still struttin and showing off ..I didnt wanna shoot that far after my miss monday but had a perfect clear shot and a rest so I I steadied up and put the gobbledots on his head and shot ..DRT ....
1 inch spurs
10in beard
big ol jellyhead!

I had a awesome season thank you lord ...now Im gonna try putting my dad and a few buddies on some birds...good luck everyone else !

got em both with the mossberg 9200 that was my uncles that passed away ..it did the job .. :gobble:

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

shootemintheface

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

JnL

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

beagler

Never Misses

AR_gobblergetter

thanks ..any other arkansas hunters here?

renegade19

tomstopper

Congrats. All are very beutiful birds

Ol'Mossy

Gold Spur

Congrats! Those are some beautiful birds... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gobblers..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

very nice birds

congrats on a great season
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your birds, and good luck on calling some in for your Dad & friends!! :icon_thumright: