only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

benelli for turkey gun??

Started by Chris Downs, April 21, 2012, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: budtripp on April 23, 2012, 10:48:51 AM
Quote from: Luke95 on April 23, 2012, 08:37:48 AM
Stay with your remington or go to either mossberg or browning.
Benelli just hasn't cut it for me from personal experience and seeing alot of patterns from the local benelli guys guns. :TrainWreck1:

Mine shoots pretty darn good, better than my 11-87 with the same loads. Why go with a pinto when you can have a ferrari?
I agree mine shoots great!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Borden811

Quote from: Luke95 on April 23, 2012, 08:37:48 AM
Stay with your remington or go to either mossberg or browning.
Benelli just hasn't cut it for me from personal experience and seeing alot of patterns from the local benelli guys guns. :TrainWreck1:

I'm willing to bet my SBE II will out shoot many a gun from those three manufacturers, and it's not even a dedicated turkey gun. Just because you couldn't get it to work, doesn't mean another person can't. On the flip side, I'm sure there are plenty of guns out there that will outshoot mine. It's all about finding the right gun/choke/load combo, and how much time and money one is willing to spend to find it. My benelli shoots great with several different load and choke combos, and I wouldn't trade it for ten of any of the guns mentioned above. to the OP, if you want a Benelli, go for it. I doubt you'll be sorry.

Nolehoe

Quote from: Borden811 on April 23, 2012, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Luke95 on April 23, 2012, 08:37:48 AMStay with your remington or go to either mossberg or browning.

I'm willing to bet my SBE II will out shoot many a gun from those three manufacturers, and it's not even a dedicated turkey gun. Just because you couldn't get it to work, doesn't mean another person can't. On the flip side, I'm sure there are plenty of guns out there that will outshoot mine. It's all about finding the right gun/choke/load combo, and how much time and money one is willing to spend to find it. My benelli shoots great with several different load and choke combos, and I wouldn't trade it for ten of any of the guns mentioned above. to the OP, if you want a Benelli, go for it. I doubt you'll be sorry.
I'm with ya, I grew up shooting remington, I love my remingtons, and I'm a big fan of browning but there's no way I would trade my Benelli for either unless I just had to. I'm not knocking mossy's but they aren't for me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Lostknife4

Quote from: beagler on April 22, 2012, 04:54:16 PM
Benelli SBE 2
24" barrel
Rhino Choke (.660)
Nitro Company Shotshells 3 1/2" 4 X 5 X 7 hevishot
Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope

Fine looking weapon there Beagler.   Where did you get the add on comb?   Lost

beagler

Can't remember what website I found it at. I just searched Benelli gel comb riser and located one.
Never Misses

Sand Man

I've got an SBE I with 24" barrel, Indian Creek .665 choke, Sure Grip Stock, and Burris FF II.  It will flat out hammer a turkey.

Gun:

Next to my dad's Rem 870 20ga I built him:

I get great patterns from hand loads as well as factory H13 loads.

2oz TSS 9's @ 40 yards:

Duplex of 1oz TSS 9's X 5/8oz Hevi 7's @ 40 yards:

Factory 3" 2oz Hevi 7's @ 40 yards:

Factory 3" 2oz Hevi 7's @ 20 yards:

Factory 3.5" 2 1/4oz Hevi 7's @ 40 yards:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Sand Man

Quote from: albrubacker on April 23, 2012, 04:47:58 PM
That is a sweet rig Sandman

Thanks!

FOR SALE to the higgest bidder.   :toothy9:

HuntSource

Quote from: Sand Man on April 23, 2012, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: albrubacker on April 23, 2012, 04:47:58 PM
That is a sweet rig Sandman

Thanks!

FOR SALE to the higgest bidder.   :toothy9:

Sand Man,

Looking at those patterns, I think you've made Luke95's case for him; that gun is an absolute train wreck. I don't see how you could possibly harvest a bird with it. You should definitely look to another brand like Mossberg, Remington or Browning. That said, I'll take it off your hands and just because I'm in the giving spirit...I'll open the bidding for $1 shipped.  ;D

HuntSource

Borden811

Heck, I know it shoots like a turd since it's a benelli, but the camo is pretty cool. I'll give ya 50.00 bux for it!

Britton40

Sell your 870.  Get you a 24" barrel for your SBE 1 and put some truglo pro series magnum gobble dot sights on it.

Sand Man

HA!  I might take the $50 is this economy doesn't pick back up.   ;D

vtmchunter

MY Dad shoots a Super Nova with 30" barrel and it does great.  It's a dedicated turkey gun with scope.

tsparks

I have been very happy with my Vinci.....(thanks HuntSource!  ;D) It is my "all purpose" shotgun.  For turkey I have a rhino .660" choke.  The Vinci is very lightweight and it patterns very well.