OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

42" of Beard!

Started by Gooserbat, April 21, 2012, 12:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

My good friend and longtime customer Lyndle Williams of Seymour, MO shared this pic. of a bird he took this past Monday.   It had 42" of beard and weighed 20 lbs and had 1" spurs.  Even with the lighter weight and avarage spurs NWTF said it should still go in the top 50 for MO. 

Congrats Lyndle, and thanks for sharing.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

savduck

Man that's awesome. Seems like there is an unusually high amount of multi bearded birds shot this year.
Georgia Boy

Hookhunter

Man I would have let that bird walk.................. Probably one less step than he did. Lol
Awesome bird!!!

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

shootemintheface

captin_hook

Dream bird right there!

mossy835

VAHUNTER

he must have been hunting around the same power plant as Ronnie!!
Congrats to the hunter :icon_thumright: Great bird
Good things come to those who wait

Devastator

albrubacker

Very nice! Thanks for sharing
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

dpittman

Here where I live we don't seem to have many multi beard birds. PA. My son killed a jake last year with 3 beards and that is the only one I have ever seen.

rabdawg

way to go that will make a season

WyoHunter

Congrats! I've never shot a multi beard gobbler yet alone one with 3 1/2' of beards.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

gobbler777

super bird for sure   congrats to the hunter
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Wrangler95

Very nice going,congrats !
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!