OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo SSX in a Weatherby SA-08 20 Ga Youth?

Started by srconnell22, April 20, 2012, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srconnell22

Will a Truglo SSX work in a Youth model Weatherby SA-08?  Looking at running the Federal HW 7's.  

Thanks,

Scotty

surehuntsalot

if it's made in the right thread pattern,it should work great
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

srconnell22

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 20, 2012, 07:53:19 PM
if it's made in the right thread pattern,it should work great

That's kind of what I was wondering, if anyone had tried to thread one onto that particular gun.  

Edit:  From the research I've done, it looks like the new Mossberg thread pattern the SSX has will work with this gun.  Guess I'll just need to buy one to confirm!

savduck

I own one. Yes the SSX with moss berg will fit the weatherby. Have not shot it yet though.
Georgia Boy

srconnell22

Quote from: savduck on April 21, 2012, 05:46:26 AM
I own one. Yes the SSX with moss berg will fit the weatherby. Have not shot it yet though.

Thank you for the confirmation.  If you happen to run the #7's out of it, please report your results! 

savduck

That's what I'm shooting.

Got some other chokes too for the weatherby.
At 30 yards with a sum toy 562 that gun put up a 249 and 238. It put up 140s at 40.  In my other 20 the SSX shoots a little tighter than the sum toy so I'm expecting big numbers when I do shoot it.

Also have a PG 670 tempest. It puts up 90 to 100 40 numbers with fed 7s. Shot Hevi 7s out of it once...pattern is tighter with Nevis than Feds....didn't count numbers though.

Mine is a 28 inch barrel.
Georgia Boy