OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Score Turkey 5 Me 0

Started by dcar_roll, April 20, 2012, 02:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcar_roll

Well after 5 days of hard hunting in the first season in the north zone of Illinois I have come up defeated. First time since 2004 I will go birdless. I did take a shot yesterday at a nice longbeard but because of some poor judgement most of my shot went in the ground in front of the bird. ( he was standing in a low spot in the field ) It's all good though! Enjoyed my time in the field and am looking forward to next year. By the way,just discovered this site a short time ago and luv it. Old Gobbler rocks!
Hunting- Not just a job,but an adventure !

guesswho

Sorry about the miss but love your attitude.  Make'm pay next year!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Divenut2

Hey Dcar_roll,

It certainly was hard hunting this week in N IL. Other than Tuesday which was beautiful, the wind and rain every other day made for some tough hunting. But like you said, it is always great to get out in the woods/field.  I lucked out this morning and bagged a small tom, but man it sure was looking grim for awhile there. Ma Nature really made me earn it.
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Dan Mallia

I'm like 0 for 9 so I feel your pain this year.

And it ain't for lack for tryin that's for sure!

bird

Quote from: guesswho on April 20, 2012, 02:35:43 PM
Sorry about the miss but love your attitude.  Make'm pay next year!

X2

dlquinn

Turkeys are whipin me too 4-0, but there is still more season left and I am getting closer everytime out. Hunting public ground and I am in the mix with the birds everytime and am really learning the terrain of the public area I am hunting....eventually it will result in a gobbler being carried out on my shoulder.

I am just thanking God for the opportunity to be out in his creation...every moment out hunting is a great moment, bird taken or not.  :icon_thumright:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Divenut2

Quote from: dlquinn on April 21, 2012, 12:04:08 AM
I am just thanking God for the opportunity to be out in his creation...every moment out hunting is a great moment, bird taken or not.  :icon_thumright:

Amen brother!  :agreed:
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

870BkWht

Quote from: dcar_roll on April 20, 2012, 02:27:38 PM
Well after 5 days of hard hunting in the first season in the north zone of Illinois I have come up defeated.

Thats all you get to hunt is 5 days?

dcar_roll

That was just 1st season. We have 5 all together but I only got 1 tag so I am done.
Hunting- Not just a job,but an adventure !

Lightnrod