turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Florida swamp hunt

Started by Old Gobbler, April 19, 2012, 09:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Had a good time this season , although tied up with family and work I managed to have a great season

- I started to cruz the area doing bump and go calling - I pulled in quite a few hens untill I cut into the cypress and sneaked in and set up

Snuck in and gave two sharp cuts off one of my self made push pins - and he sounded off - sat down quickly and and gave out some tramp yelps and pulled the gobbler and a hen into a 25 yard shot - the log he is laying on he was standing behind and I cut to make him stick his head up for a classic over the log head shot , down he went - he was sporting a long set of hooks and I was all to glad to call him up

The call is Gabon Ebony {sap wood}push pin I make with a Ivory "lucky" poker dice as a lanyard stop - this call has really performed for me well this season - I plan on making more like this in the future  = this call in unique in the fact it has a jet black with blond sap wood , most people want all black ebony , but saved this piece to make a unique call for myself
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bgbuck153

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice bird, Shannon. The pics are nice, as well. We don't get to see landscape  like that up here..Well done..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

boomer

Congrats!! Nice looking call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wingbone

Congrats! Nice to see another Florida bird.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Roostem33

Beautiful hunting spot Shannon, great job on the bird, congrats!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

RutnNStrutn

Good job OG!!! :icon_thumright: Love those pics!! They have Osceola gobbler written all over them. Most people don't get to hunt and kill gobblers in that kind of terrain. Sounds like you closed out the season in style!! :you_rock:

IORIO52

great pics, thanks for sharing, congrats

wvnut3

very nice , congrats . Lee :icon_thumright:

catdaddy

Nice----Love the call and the pics!!

joey46

shootemintheface

archery1

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
congrats on the hunt
its hard sometimes to get away