OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"The Caretaker" (My Kentucky Bird)

Started by FireDoc, April 19, 2012, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamman

as I was reading this I convinced myself I would have shot this bird at least a year before you did.  :)

thanks for sharing great read great story and great pics.  congrats

shootemintheface

boomer

FireDoc

Quoteas I was reading this I convinced myself I would have shot this bird at least a year before you did. 

That's okay, I have convinced myself many times I should have killed him many seasons before I finally did too!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

tomstopper

DirtNap647

longbeard95

870BkWht

That was a FANTASTIC story with a super ending.  Longwinded post be it as it may but it was a nail biter.  Congrats to your bittersweet ending.

Turkeyfan

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. It was like I had been hunting Caretaker myself.

FireDoc

While picking up some mounts for my buddy, I couldn't stand it, had to see him at the Taxidermist the other day.

Looking good I'm thinking!  :drool:

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

RutnNStrutn

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

captin_hook

Now that's a heck of a story. Congrats! I got goose bumps towards the end of your hunt. Excellent!

WildTigerTrout

Congrats. Very nice bird. Your story reminds me of a big old gobbler my friend and I hunted for three years. I swear that bird had a guardian angel watching over him. We should have had him a number of times but just could not get it all to come together. I think that bird died of old age! Glad it all worked out for you. What a great story.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

TRKYHTR

Caretaker is a mighty fine gobbler. Congrats and great read.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck