turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Home made tube calls

Started by barry, April 19, 2012, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Hey guys, I picked up a few more cans and made a few more tubes. Need to sell some more to help pay for my new trumpet addiction!!!

I use home-made tube calls for turkey huntin' and this little Doans can is my favorite.
I can make you one and ship it to your door for $20.
If you're interested in one just PM me or email me at blarrington@verizon.net.

They are not the prettiest call you will ever see and don't belong on the same page as the works of art listed here but they do have some turkey in them

Here's some videos with me using a call just like the one above.

Yelpin' & cuttin'

Cuttin'& gobblin'

Yelps & clucks outside

MarkJM

wow they do sound very good
MuellerCustomCalls

drenalinld

I am proud owner of one and can attest they are full of turkey.

Fox Fire

HA!!! Man thats some good call'n, your the Chet Atkins of tube calls, very nice.

PM sent.

Ther was a gent from around Lake Gunterville A.L. (Don if I remember) made me a tube call from a old snuff can, one of these will make a nice addition to my collection.

Kates

Houndstooth Game Calls

I got the pleasure of talking by phone with Mr. Barry and he knows his tube calls and how to use them you want have a better conversation on the phone with a fella enjoyed my chat with him! Its a fine sounding caller!!! :icon_thumright:

barry

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on May 12, 2012, 01:33:23 PM
I got the pleasure of talking by phone with Mr. Barry and he knows his tube calls and how to use them you want have a better conversation on the phone with a fella enjoyed my chat with him! Its a fine sounding caller!!! :icon_thumright:

Right back atya Lyle, enjoyed our talk!

Fox Fire

A big thank you to Mr Barry for the tube call he made for me, it sounds great & will make a fine addition to my tube call collection ,I love the thoughts of calls be'n made from every day items & the Doans Pills bottle is nearly an American icon.

Mr Barry also sent me a letter with it explain'n he had tuned the call, some extra reeds of different thickness so I can costomize the call to my likeing & some helpfull hints for use.

Think'n about building a shadow box to put them in, may even build the space for this call big enuff to put the letter in with it.

My hats off to Mr. Barry, thank ya kindly sir.

barry

Thank-you Foxfire and you are very welcome.
Putting one of these calls in a shadowbox for display is like puttin' a Christmas wreath on the outhouse door...it's gonna look outa place!
Let at least one gobbler come lookin' for the "hen" that's in that tube.

KansasGobbler

Got one...ain't givng it up!!!!

barry

I've got more Doans cans if anyone wants one of these tube calls.

barry

trkehunr93

Barry

PM sent.  I'm in Roanoke.  Interested in one if u still have any.

savduck

I got a Doans, Barry special. Can't go wrong. It's a fine caller
Georgia Boy

woodwzrd

I have two of Barry's little Doans cans and they are awesome. It will blow your mind how much turkey screams out of those little cans. And the best part of it is they are pocket sized.