OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hoot n' Stick OOPS

Started by 870BkWht, April 19, 2012, 11:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

This morning I went out and scouted a new piece of ground and got a bead on 2 gobbs I had taken my Harrison Hootn' Stick with me.  When I got back home I forgot I had left it in my front hand pocket of the hooded sweatshirt I was wearing and when I took the hoodie off, the hootn stick came flyin out of the pocket and smacked the concrete basement floor.  It separated the reed part of the call from the top barrel, and cracked the top barrel as well.  I have glued it back together with some gorrilla epoxy and time will tell if it sounds OK.  If its totalled and doesnt sound good, Im just gonna buy an Osage hootn stick.  I just wanted to tell you guys to check your pockets before you take off shirts, jackets, vests, etc. 

You guys should laugh with me, not at me :TooFunny:

savduck

Dang, that's tough luck. I got to run a boycott one that cannonball owns. Let's just say I fell in love and several swamp owls. I need to down load the video.
Georgia Boy

Gobblerstopper

That's not good, but look on the bright side, you got to talk to Mr. Hook.

870BkWht

Quote from: Gobblerstopper on April 20, 2012, 08:40:15 AM
That's not good, but look on the bright side, you got to talk to Mr. Hook.

And he made me a deal I just couldnt refuse.  I know who I will talk to when I need anything turkey related too.

Old Gobbler

place the reed part back in , it can be made to sound back to its old glory , adjust it here and there  - then glue the barrel back up , and you will good to go

I sat on mine and broke it , my bad ..... and glued it up just like I mentioned and it sounded brand new when I was done
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

870BkWht

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 21, 2012, 08:35:15 AM
place the reed part back in , it can be made to sound back to its old glory , adjust it here and there  - then glue the barrel back up , and you will good to go

I sat on mine and broke it , my bad ..... and glued it up just like I mentioned and it sounded brand new when I was done

OG,  I actually put it all back together the day I decided to throw it against the wall, then I glued it up with Gorilla 2 part epoxy and it sounds good.  I also sanded the glue from the outside and blended the sand marks into the swirlly pattern of the rest of the call. I called Scott and told him what I did and I even blew it for him and then we talked about an Osage Hoot n' Stick and I just decided to go ahead and buy the Osage one.  I will give the synthetic one to a friend who is in need a good hooter.  Like many others have said before, Scott was immensly willing to work with me on getting me a new one and a real joy just to talk to.  We probably talked for about 45 minutes.  I will contact him again when I need something new or want some mouth calls, or whatever.  I continue to be amazed and thankful for all the help I have received from the callmakers that I have purchased calls from on this board, and that is why I will continue to buy calls from them.