turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Transformer 007 decoy review

Started by Tuttle, April 18, 2012, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuttle

First off, I'd like say that if I wasn't exhausted from chasing these crazy birds around all week, I'd love to figure out how to post the pictures of these decoys.  The picture in the ad from Cabelas looks awesome, however, when they arrived.......not so much. 

I didn't order any for myself, 3 guys at work wanted some and I wanted the points so I ordered the decoys for them.  All 3 were exactly alike and they came with pink stakes (I suppose they are supposed to resemble a turkey leg????).  They come with 4 changable heads, 3 male heads and one hen.  The heads look decent until they are put on the decoy.  The gobbler heads look like they belong on a giraffe decoy.  The hen head looks pretty good, it seems to be the right size but the 3 hen heads that came in this order all have orange highlights along the head and neck (I guess they ran out of pink).  The backs of these decoys are robin egg blue and one band of wing feathers is a bright gold.  Pretty sure these were painted at a disco joint back in the 70's.  Unbelievably ugly!!!  When I told the guys that their decoys had arrived, they came over to check them out and pick em up.  The first comment made after putting them together and staking one out in the yard was "I think it's a blue flamingo decoy!". Oh yeah, one of the hen decoys also had a green head!  That along with the gold wing feathers, blue back, and one pink leg makes for one ugly (and nothing like the ad picture) decoy. 

Long story shortened because there were several laughs and comments made after seeing these, I ended up painting the decoys for the guys and they turned out pretty good.   So, if you were considering buying one of these, just know that you will also need to get some paint supplies and put some time into making them look like a turkey.  The decoy body has a good shape and size but that's the end of any positive feedback that I have on it.  If they had been my decoys, they would've been returned immediately.

bird

Maybe the factory in China had a picture of a peacock instead of turkey as a guide to go by.
  :TooFunny:

CASH

Sounds like they were made at the gay factory in China
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.