turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening day MD bird

Started by mdtkyhntr, April 18, 2012, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdtkyhntr

Got a good bird this morning on the opener of the Maryland season. He gobbled his head off at everything until I pulled the trigger, but did so with hens and hanging tight to his strut zones. My buddy and I got close on each side of him multiple times until I used his calling to pull the bird to one end of his strut zone and I snuck in the back door. When the bird spun and finally realized something wasn't right, I already had him lined up and pulled the trigger. The SBE II with Jellyhead .660 and Win XR #6 put his head in the dirt at 40 yds and my boot did the rest. A good bird, likely a 3 year old. 20 lbs 10.25" beard and thick sharp 1" spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captin_hook

tomstopper

vaturkey

Congrats ! Great Gobbler !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

BigHooks

Improvinghunter101

870BkWht

Congrats to you for the opening bird.  What part of Maryland if you dont mind me asking?  Wouldnt happen to be Garret Co. would it?

RutnNStrutn

Good looking bird!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

Wrangler95

:you_rock:

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Hognutz

Congrats!! He is a dandy gobbler..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

NCTURKEYHUNTER

Congrats on a nice one . Good Job

Lightnrod

mdtkyhntr

870, it wasn't actually Garret County, it was west central Maryland. This was the only bird we heard gobbling, and it was cold and wet most of the morning too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase